×
Grow Open Source Bounties Hackathons Grants Quests Kudos
Back to Grants

DAO - A User Owned Social Platform

Grant Accepts Any Token

Last Update: 1 week, 1 day ago

CATEGORIES

Community

MATCH ROUND 6

0 DAI

MATCH ESTIMATE

ROUND

5 DAI
1 contributors

Description

{"ops":[{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Social platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Wechat are all owned by its founders and investors. "},{"insert":"\n\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"However, a social network should really be owned by its users. "},{"insert":"\n\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"I want to create a social network platform owned by its users, governed by its users and for the users. "},{"insert":"\n\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Background: "},{"insert":"\n\nThis project can be dated back to mid 2018 when we tried to build the concept to a new blockchain called Genesis Space. It failed due to technology unreadiness. Then we tried twice to build a DApp with the same idea. The first one (early 2019) also failed and the second one (late 2019) went online. However, due to technical restrictions, the performance of the DApp is very poor. As an IM, it was not ready for mass adoption. I was very dissatisfied of it and decided to start from scratch. This time we have made some compromises as well as numerous improvements to the concept. For now the final product will be a website. We should be launching it in the next a few weeks. (Tentative url: "},{"attributes":{"italic":true,"link":"chatdao.com"},"insert":"chatdao.com"},{"insert":")\n\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Product:"},{"insert":"\n\nGROUP: \nIn DAO, users belong to different groups. Within a group, people can post whatever they like, just like a Wechat Group or Facebook Group. \n\nGROUP LEADER: \nEach group has a group leader. This group leader is responsible for setting up the rules for the group and executing them. Group leader can even issue a token as reward for user behaviors, such as rewarding users for posting/commenting etc. \n\nGOVERNANCE:\nA group leader has all the power in the group. A group leader can either be the person who created the group or be someone elected by all users in the group. \n\nDECENTRALIZATION:\nDAO is a company registered in the United States. Each year, 80% of its profits from all sources will be shared by the group leaders. The remaining 20% will go to its founders, developers and investors. \n\nFor questions please email to realdaochat@gmail.com\n\n"}]}

Activity Feed