Workers Auto Approve
Developing a Richer Financial Reputation
DeFi, entrepreneurship, hacker, hackathon, web3, blockchain, product, design
### Challenge Description
In this challenge, we want you to rewrite the rules on how we measure an individual's financial reputation. Disrupt the concept of measuring a person's credit score, but not their interactions with community, landlords, schools, friends and family. Restructure how people's credit histories are affected by each other in pinnacle moments like a marriage or divorce. Probe at the underlying assumptions that allow two people to merge credit scores to buy a house, but not four or five. Ask yourself if something like a credit score can be liquidized so it may be shared or used to vouch for someone outside the system.
During this hackathon, we want you to help us experiment with richer, contextualized behavioral data for an individual that describes a more holistic reputation. This experiment can be broad or specific, challenge major assumptions of the system or invert just one small aspect of the way the world currently operates. The solution may impact any industry, so long as it has a specific user and use case attached. Specific examples of how we're thinking about this challenge are listed below:
* How might we derive financial reputation through observable transfer of value?
* Examples: financial reputation based on projected career earnings, credit score based on wallet transactions, financial reputation derived from in-game spends, etc.
* How might we leverage credit across groups of people?
* Examples: a method for pooling co-op resources and reputation to make a major purchase, an open source credit algorithm for a small community or neighborhood, a weighted credit model for marriages, partnerships, and small businesses, etc.
Feel free to ideate on any of the above suggestions or to create your own.
### Submission Requirements
We expect all bounties to be comprised of two distinct parts: *product* and *potential*. For the product, we will accept submissions in all formats, including but not limited to wireframes, landing page, prototypes, or production code. For potential, we've outlined information that we expect to see below. It can be delivered in any format, including but not limited to a report, a presentation, or a video. All submissions, including all code, must be open source for future use and reference by the community, and links to external documents must be provided in the Github repo submission.
As these bounties are broad and left up to your own discretion, we expect you to deliver the following items tailored for your specific solution:
* A specific industry, user, and use case for which you are solving
* Unique insights about the industry gathered through primary or secondary research
* Evidence of team-wide entrepreneurial behavior and spirit throughout the Relay
* Proof that the market you've identified is primed to be disrupted in the next 6-12 months
* Testimonial from an industry Subject Matter Expert (SME) who is serving as an advisor
* Proof that blockchain adds significant value to this solution over centralized alternatives
We also are looking for participating teams to articulate both broadly and specifically how their proposed solution affects widespread industry orthodoxies. A team that delivers a specific solution must show us how this solution can be rolled out more broadly to impact the industry (or other industries) at large. Conversely, a team that solves in generalities must describe how they anticipate testing their ideas in specific, measurable experiments.
### Submission Deadline
All bounty submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM EDT on April 30th, 2019 to be considered.
### Judging Criteria
We are looking for projects that address a real problem and teams that have shown the progress and entrepreneurial instincts to make something real and get it out in the world.
### Judging Date
Projects will be assessed from May 1 to May 15th, 2019, and winners will be announced at the Ethereal Conference in New York.
The following prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of the hackathon:
* **24 ETH** awarded to the winner of each of the following bounty tracks:
* Developing a Richer Financial Reputation
* Inventing Double-Opt-In Credit
* **12 ETH** awarded to the team that receives *Community's Choice* as voted by the entire hackathon participant group. This award can be won by either Bounty winner, resulting in a top prize of 36 ETH, or may be won by a separate team entirely.
* **6 ETH** awarded to two (2) teams deserving of *Honorable Mention* as determined by Bounty judges. These prizes may be awarded to teams in either track, but cannot be awarded to the track winners.
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: