Workers Auto Approve
Improvements to Brownie Documentation - Using other Networks / Infura
Python, Solidity, Brownie, Documentation
### The Issue
Brownie can be used to interact with non-local networks, but it isn't properly documented. See #173 for why this is needed.
This is a sub-issue of #41.
### Completion Goals
Create a new section for the documentation named "Using Other Networks" and link it in the table of contents immediately beneath "The Local RPC Client". This section should include content such as:
* obligatory security warnings, don't do anything stupid!
* how to define other networks in the [configuration file](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/config.html#network)
* how to connect to other networks
* using the `--network` flag
* modifying the default network
* methods within [brownie.network.main](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api-network.html#brownie-network-main)
* differences in functionality when using non-local networks instead of a local test environment
* working with local accounts ([add](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api-network.html#Accounts.add), [load](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api-network.html#Accounts.load), [save](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api-network.html#Accounts.load))
* [unconfirmed transactions](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/interaction.html#unconfirmed-transactions)
* interacting with already deployed contracts ([ContractContainer.at](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api-network.html#ContractContainer.at), [Contract](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api-network.html#contract-and-projectcontract))
* using Infura (Truffle has an [excellent example](https://www.trufflesuite.com/tutorials/using-infura-custom-provider) for this content)
* obtaining an API token and adding it in the config file
* inability to call `debug_traceTransaction` and by extension limited access to [debugging functionality](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/debug.html#debugging-tools)
* Fork from the `master` branch, as this content will be pushed immediately rather than waiting for a new release.
* Linking to other content, external or within the brownie docs, is always a good thing.
* Please review the existing Brownie documentation, the level of detail and quality of english must be up to par with the rest of the docs for the submission to be accepted.
* I am available on gitter if you have any questions.
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: