Workers Auto Approve
MVP Mobile Player App
video, hls, android, ios, iphone, app
This is a proposal for an _Minimum Viable Product_ Mobile Player App, for playing content from the _Streaming Back-End_. It aims to provide a minimal basic starting video app for viewers on mobile.
## Test Signal
First, to show you that I'm serious, I have provided a test signal = stream of video content as HLS over HTTP.
You can play this stream of video content using something like `ffplay`, and many (but not all) browsers will play natively.
## What is _Streaming Back-End_?
Now that you know I'm serious, let me tell you what I mean by an _Streaming Back-End_.
_Streaming Back-End_ is a server-based video infrastructure platform which can:
- **receive** streaming AV content **from** any peer on the network, and
- **serve** streaming AV content **to** any peer on the network
If the server is publicly accessible, it can provide these services to any internet user.
You can find out more in [the project's github repo](https://github.com/videoDAC/streaming-back-end/).
## Mobile App User Journey
Here is a proposed user journey for an MVP mobile app:
1. User installs app
2. User taps launcher
3. App turns on player of a hardcoded stream, in full screen *
4. User taps screen
5. App turns off player, closes app.
* volume can be controlled by hardware buttons, no need for play/pause, or mute, or seeking back
## For iOS or Android?
Obviously, both. Absolutely.
### Specific Deliverables for Android App:
- `.apk` file with a unique bundle ID, and file size less than 100MB
- a signed app release.
- This requires a signing certificate, for info on how to do this check [here](https://developer.android.com/studio/publish/app-signing).
- Codebase and `.apk` published in this current Github repository under /player/mobile/app/android.
Must work on Android 6.0 upwards.
### Specific Deliverables for iOS App:
- App submitted to testflight for testing.
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: