Workers Auto Approve
[$1000 XRP] Vanaheim - Interledger Protocol support for ETH on Layer 2 Network
xpring, ilp, interledger, cross-chain
## Interledger Protocol support for ETH on Layer 2 Network
Gitcoin Sustain Web3 - https://hackathons.gitcoin.co/sustain-web3/
## Prize Bounty
$1000 in XRP
## Challenge Description
In ancient Norse Mythology, Vanaheim is one of the Nine Realms of Yggdrasil.
Xpring, much like the ancient Norse long before them, believes that in order for blockchain to reach mainstream adoption, there needs to be more interoperability between the siloed blockchain networks.
What if David Schwartz, the Chief Architect of the XRP Ledger, wanted to send XRP to Vitalik Buterin, the Creator of Ethereum, but Vitalik only wanted to receive ETH?
What if Vitalik, upon receiving that ETH, wanted to send ETH to Mike Belshe, Creator of HTTP/2 and CEO of BitGo, but Mike only wanted to receive WBTC?
and on and on...
How would these crypto pioneers achieve such a feat, without relying on exchanges?
Using Interledger Protocol (ILP), we challenge the Sustain Web3 virtual community to help complete ILP support for ETH on a Layer 2 network.
Xpring engineers will be available to answer questions and provide project guidance on the following public Gitcoin channel: xpring-vanaheim-challenge
## Test Networks
* XRP Ledger Testnet Faucet - https://xpring.io or https://xrpl.org/xrp-testnet-faucet.html
* Interledger Testnet - https://xpring.io/ilp-testnet
## Core Protocols
* XRP Ledger - https://github.com/ripple/rippled
* Interledger (specs) - https://github.com/interledger
* Interledger (Java) - https://github.com/interledger4j
* Interledger (Rust) - https://github.com/interledger-rs
### Interledger Settlement Engines
* RFC - https://interledger.org/rfcs/0038-settlement-engines/
* Rust - https://github.com/interledger-rs/settlement-engines
## Core Libraries
* Xpring SDK - https://github.com/xpring-eng/Xpring-SDK
* Xpring SDK Java - https://github.com/xpring-eng/xpring4j
* Xpring SDK Swift - https://github.com/xpring-eng/xpringkit
* XRP API - https://github.com/ripple/xrp-api
* ripple-lib - https://github.com/ripple/ripple-lib
* Web Monetization - https://webmonetization.org/docs/api
### Submission Requirements
A valid submission will be code that is merged into the master branch of a repo that has demonstrated a successful transaction of ETH on a Layer 2 network using ILP.
We really love user interfaces, and the designers that build them, but UIs are not required (although appreciated!) for this Challenge. If time becomes a constraint, then we'd rather see more resources spent on getting the underlying settlement details correct.
### Submission Deadline
11:59am EST on Tuesday the 12th of February.
### Judging Criteria
Judges will evaluate based on the following criteria:
* project completeness
* complexity of implementation
### Winner Announcement Date
Judges from Xpring will be announcing the winners of the Vanaheim Challenge on Wednesday the 13th of February.
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: