Workers Auto Approve
Open Challenge: Privacy in Governance and Voting
Privacy, MakerDAO, Hackathon
### Prize Title
Privacy in Governance and Voting
### Prize Bounty
1500 - 4000 Dai
Please note, in the absence of a clear winner, the prize may be distributed across more teams. Additional submissions may receive additional Dai at the team’s discretion. Selected winners/submissions are also eligible to have their applications fast-tracked through the [Development Grants Program](https://community-development.makerdao.com/grants) review process.
### Challenge Description
MakerDAO governance relies on a healthy voting community, but participating in forums and voting on-chain may expose individuals more than intended. What are some frameworks that allow organic self organization through DAOs to create effective change while preserving privacy and security? More importantly, how can we make it easy for users to preserve their privacy?
**There are many types of users to build for. We think about....**
Vulnerable populations and politically sensitive individuals who may need to ensure the security of their capital and livelihood. For developed countries, individuals may need consumer privacy from corporations.
**A few ideas to get you started…**
- How might we offer the option for users to opt in or toggle between private and public engagement?
- How might we help users avoid exposing their timezone, wallet, purchases, or connections?
- How might we protect users in vulnerable populations from negative political or social repercussions?
**Use case specific ideas around governance voting:**
- How to attach a pseudonymous identity to a voting address without revealing the true identity covered by the pseudonymous one.
- How to combine the above with delegation? How to ensure delegates are safe from influence but still credible and trustworthy?
- A way to optionally vote without revealing voting addresses and/or the poll option/executive voted for.
- How do you share information and manage ownership with community actors without compromising the security and trust of the protocol? Tooling that benefits the darkspell mechanism described here: [MIP15: Dark Spell Mechanism.](https://forum.makerdao.com/t/mip15-dark-spell-mechanism/2578)
- A way to provably stake MKR on something (an outcome, a specific smart contract construct, a MIP, etc) without publicly revealing the address of the staker.
### Submission Requirements
- If you build something _useful and cool_, show it off! Submissions must be at minimum, **a proof of concept**, accepted in all formats (wireframes, prototypes, or production code).
- Highly recommended: delivered in any format, including but not limited to a demo, a presentation, or bonus points: a video recording of a user trying it out!
[Community Development Portal Resources](https://community-development.makerdao.com/#our-resources)
### Submission Deadline
July 6, 2020 at 23:59 UTC
### Judging Criteria
- Communicate a specific user group and use case
- Reasonable amount of security with highly usable interface
- Embeddable or easily integrated solutions are prioritized
- Wallet agnostic solutions are prioritized
- We prioritize submissions that reduce onboarding friction and are usable to people unfamiliar with crypto
### Winner Announcement Date
July 10, 2020 12:00 UTC
### Contact & Support
For questions about the challenge please join us in the [#community-development channel](https://chat.makerdao.com/channel/community-development) in our chat. For technical questions feel free to ping the [#devs](https://chat.makerdao.com/channel/dev).
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: