Workers Auto Approve
The Graph Prize: Build a dApp with The Graph ($4,500)
# Build a dApp with The Graph
Hello ETH Berlin Hackers! Do you need to get data from the Ethereum blockchain for your web or mobile dApp? Do you love using modern libraries like React and Apollo? Do you like your APIs served via GraphQL endpoints? Try out some new tech at ETH Berlin and use The Graph for a chance to win $3,000!
## Qualification Guidelines
Follow these steps to be eligible for our Bounty:
1. **Join our [Discord](https://discordapp.com/invite/vtvv7FP)** - This will be your first stop for engaging with the team. Post in the #hackathon channel and let us know what you’re working on. We’ll touch base to make sure you have a viable plan for using The Graph in your awesome project.
2. **Get an [API key](https://github.com/graphprotocol/graph-node/wiki/ETHBerlin-Hackathon) or run Graph Node locally** - We’re going to be running some Graph Nodes so you don’t have to waste time setting up the infrastructure. Once you post in the Discord channel, one of our team members will get in touch with an API key that you can use at the hackathon and up to 3 months afterwards.
3. **Create a Subgraph** - Use [this example](https://github.com/graphprotocol/decentraland-subgraph) to see how to create a Subgraph. Your subgraph will ingest data from an Ethereum smart contract and make it available for querying over GraphQL.
4. **Use the GraphQL API** - Use the generated GraphQL API for building your frontend. There are many ways to use GraphQL but we suggest React + Apollo. We provided [the starter app](https://github.com/graphprotocol/hackathon-react-apollo-app) if you need it.
5. **Ship** - That’s what this hackathon is all about. Play with some cool tech and put your brain child into the wild!
- [Start here](https://github.com/graphprotocol/graph-node/wiki/ETHBerlin-Hackathon)
- [The Graph Node](https://github.com/graphprotocol/graph-node)
- [Detailed Getting Started Guide](https://github.com/graphprotocol/graph-node/blob/master/docs/getting-started.md)
- [The Graph CLI](https://github.com/graphprotocol/graph-cli)
- [Decentraland Subgraph](https://github.com/graphprotocol/decentraland-subgraph) - Example subgraph project for querying Decentraland
We’ll have engineers walking around to help teams if they get stuck. Ping us on Discord or look out for these trendy shirts.
### Judging Criteria
The Graph team will look for the following when assessing your projects:
- Creativity of the idea
- Potential utility of the dApp
- Completeness of the implementation, technical difficulty and code quality
- First prize: $3,000
- Second prize: $1,000
- Third prize: $500
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: