Workers Auto Approve
Aragon challenge for Best Aragon Nest proposal
ethberlin, aragon, nest, grant, ethereum
# ETHBerlin: Aragon challenge for Best Aragon Nest proposal
[Aragon](https://aragon.org) is the most powerful and modular way to create and operate Decentralized Autonomous Organizations.
[**Aragon Nest**](https://github.com/aragon/nest) is a grants program to support the development of the ecosystem.
For the Nest program, the goal has always been to find **great people to work on common goods** that will produce quality results that benefit either of these two ecosystems as a whole. We are dependant on the prosperity of Ethereum, and others rely on Aragon to provide them tools for success.
There's a large stack of developers out there **who just want to create great things** without worrying about where they can get food on their table while working on such a common good. Not every project **needs** an ICO, not every team **needs** a business model, and not every piece of software **needs** a team or an employer.
A project can be funded without having to go through all the time, effort and stress that creating a token sale entails. A team might just want to build a single piece of software that isn't seeking to make a profit, just to get it out there. Someone might want to passionately contribute to the community and [#buidl](https://twitter.com/search?q=%23buidl) something by themselves and still make a living while creating that piece of software.
The Nest program was created to meet circumstances like these and provide funding to **those who wish to step up** and construct such relevant software. Therefore, **we are not interested in funding startups or monetizable solutions**. In order to achieve the best possible results on selecting which projects and ideas to fund, the whole process is made **transparent** through the [Nest Github repository](https://github.com/aragon/nest) and the only requirement is to be **open-source**. This also allows all the community members in the ecosystems to take part and comment on what [proposals](https://github.com/aragon/nest/issues) and [requests for funding](https://github.com/aragon/nest/pulls) they see as valuable.
The difference between the **proposal stage** and the **request for funding stage** is that in the proposal stage we will focus on determing if the **idea is worth pursuing** and should be considered for a grant. In the request for funding stage we focus on determining if **the team will be able to deliver and the feasibility of the timeline/roadmap, milestones and deliverables**.
**Learn more about hacking with Aragon in our _[Aragon at ETHBerlin](https://blog.aragon.org/aragon-at-ethberlin/)_ blog post!**
Feel free to stop by our booth as well for a chance to grab some Aragon swag!
- [**Aragon Nest repository**](https://github.com/aragon/nest)
- Browse the current [**proposals for grants**](https://github.com/aragon/nest/issues)
- Read the [**Frequently Asked Questions**](https://github.com/aragon/nest/blob/master/faqs.md) about Aragon Nest
- [**Guide for submitting a Proposal for a grant**](https://github.com/aragon/nest/blob/master/Guide_for_submitting_a_proposal_for_grants.md)
- Read the public announcement [**Introducing Aragon Nest**](https://blog.aragon.org/introducing-aragon-nest-1aa8c91c0566)
- Read the [**Launch of Aragon Nest**](https://blog.aragon.org/launch-of-aragon-nest-8d42d1a37595) post
## Judging criteria
The following criteria will be applied by the Aragon team when assessing the submitted proposals:
- The proposal **must follow the [Guide for submitting a Proposal for a grant](https://github.com/aragon/nest/blob/master/Guide_for_submitting_a_proposal_for_grants.md)**
- **Quality of submission**: We will evaluate the proposal and its quality while considering its usefulness as a common good for either the Ethereum or Aragon ecosystems.
- **Innovation and usefulness**: How much value the proposed solution will bring to the Ethereum or Aragon ecosystem and how innovative and novel the idea is.
- All proposals must adhere to the following grant sizes:
- **Funding**: From $50,000 up to $100,000 in ETH, split into chunks paid out over achieved deliverables.
- Pull Requests eligible for this bounty must be submitted in the [ETHBerlin-Bounties repository](https://github.com/ethberlin-hackathon/ETHBerlin-Bounties)
There will be just one prize, which will select the **Best Aragon Nest proposal** submitted by the criteria above.
- **Prize**: $500 USD in ANT
**The exchange rate for Aragon Network Token will be fixed at the price of ANT at 00.00 CEST on September 9th 2018 available in [coinmarketcap.com](https://coinmarketcap.com)**
**Some examples of proposals that have previously been accepted and granted funding by the grants program:**
- [Aragon Nest Proposal: **OS-level signing provider**](https://github.com/aragon/nest/issues/1)
- [Aragon Nest Proposal: **Pseudonymous identity solution within Aragon**](https://github.com/aragon/nest/issues/60)
- [Aragon Nest Proposal: **Scalable & Private Voting through Bilinear Pairings**](https://github.com/aragon/nest/issues/40)
- [Aragon Nest Proposal: **Sharding Implementation Client for Go-Ethereum**](https://github.com/aragon/nest/issues/35)
- [Aragon Nest Proposal: **Optimistic UI for Blockchain Interfaces**](https://github.com/aragon/nest/issues/21)
- [Aragon Nest Proposal: **Open source incentivization app for Aragon**](https://github.com/aragon/nest/issues/3)
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: