Workers Auto Approve
Ocean bounty : Tokens Distributing Telegram Bot for Ocean's Testnet
# Telegram bot that distributes testnet Ocean tokens
## How can you help?
We want to create a Telegram bot that can help distribute testnet OCN tokens to our users. You can start by setting up our [Faucet Server](https://github.com/oceanprotocol/faucet/) by following the README.md to get set up.
Here’s how the user interaction with our bot would look.
- One of our Telegram group members will request for tokens by chatting with the bot. He/she will provide their address, which will be picked up by the Telegram bot.
- After picking up the address, the bot should instruct the faucet server to transfer a random number of testnet tokens to the specified address.
- The faucet initiates the transfer. a) If the transfer is successful, response 200 is sent back by the faucet b) If there has already been a token-transfer request made to the address within the last 24 hours, response 503 is sent back c) If something went wrong, 404 is sent back.
- Depending on the type of response sent by the faucet, the bot should inform the user if the a) transfer has been successfully done b) tokens have been requested in the last 24 hrs, so please try after xxx hrs c) something went wrong, please try again later.
You can modify the bot responses but content of the message must be similar to the above specified template.
## What needs to be done?
First step would be to setup the bot using [BotFather](https://telegram.me/BotFather), a Telegram bot that helps anyone to set up a a bot. We are assuming that you already have a Telegram account, and would recommend downloading the desktop app as well. Once you are done with the set-up, you should have your API token for this bot.
The next step would be to set up a bot server. You can find tutorials on how to set up a Telegram bot server; here’s a link to the [official documentation](https://core.telegram.org/bots) that can help answer any questions you have.
Finally, the bot server and faucet server need to interact to function as per our expectation, as described in the previous section.
## We are very happy when
The following are achieved
- Create Bot server using Node.js using webhooks.
- Use express for the bot application server, axios for http requests and body parser to help parse the response body received from each request.
- The README.md file must detail the setup process for the bot with the faucet server.
- You may need to modify how the [faucet server](https://github.com/oceanprotocol/faucet/) request/responses work. Please mention all changes in the README.
- Please mention any other dependencies (in relation to the faucet server). You may share screenshots or any other resources relevant to understanding the setup.
- Test coverage for bot server is >= 75%
- Setup a travis job to validate build against tests.
The final submission can be in a repository created by you. Just provide us the link while submitting your work on Gitcoin.
## Seen this problem before?
Any help solving this is welcome. Feel free to leave any comments and help someone else to solve it. We might airdrop tokens to someone even if not directly completing bounty.
## Questions & Reviews
Pull requests will be reviewed by one of the maintainers or long-term contributors. In case of any additional questions feel free to ask in this thread and we will do our best to add the missing info :)
## Things to know
The bounty lifecycle process including payout will be managed using [Gitcoin](https://gitcoin.co/explorer?network=mainnet&keywords=oceanprotocol&order_by=-web3_created).
We'll be responding to your questions here, but for discussion and clarification we recommend to join also our [Gitter channel](https://gitter.im/oceanprotocol/Lobby) where our tech community is accessible.
In order to see the PROCN balance in your wallet you'll need to reference the related token contract with address _0xf2aabdd898a0139195b2b5da7387d43a45ded254_. If you use a Metamask plugin you'll find the the exact steps [here](https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015489011-Managing-ERC20-Tokens).
Lastly, even if it is a contest bounty, we will reward all valuable contributions and efforts. We greatly appreciate the value our open source community brings to Ocean and will always award some tokens to all great contributions! :smiley:
Once the project was reviewed and merged in the master branch, you will receive the reward. PROCN is a proto-Ocean token. Bounty hunters that earn PROCN will be able to convert them 1:1 to Ocean tokens on network launch (Ocean Token will be valued at at 0.22 EUR on network launch). Network launch is expected to happen by Mar 31, 2019. Until then PROCN will be locked and non-transferrable in the ETH wallet to which it is delivered to.
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: