Workers Auto Approve
Explicit Configuration & General internal NAT API
Create a general internal API to support Network Address Translation (NAT) technologies in [Besu](https://github.com/hyperledger/besu/). The goal of this work is to offer developers a consistent API for performing NAT tasks so that I can abstractly add support for new NAT systems (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) with a minimum amount of code changes. As a second NAT style, explicit configuration for all ports and IP addresses would be available.
See [“Add uPnP Support”](https://github.com/PegaSysEng/pantheon/issues/1120) task for additional content.
### Acceptance Criteria
* Based on the UPNP NAT code architect the internal APIs so that other NAT technologies can use the same internal APIs (for example, administrator configured port forwarding or Docker/Container address/port mapping).
* Java APIs to determine if a node is in a NAT environment, and then identify the kind of NAT environment.
* Java APIs to determine determine local IP address and ports as well as external IP addresses and ports.
* Java APIs to enable/disable the NAT port forwarding if the environment requires it, as well as APIs to determine if such calls are needed or making the enable/disable calls a no-op when it is unneeded.
* Code for [‘AdminNodeInfo’ JSON-RPC](https://github.com/hyperledger/besu/blob/master/ethereum/api/src/main/java/org/hyperledger/besu/ethereum/api/jsonrpc/internal/methods/AdminNodeInfo.java) and Discovery protocol enode information uses the generalized APIs.
* Ability to explicitly configure the external IP to broadcast without regards to NAT or other considerations.
* Update besu.ports file to include local and global ip address and update downstream code that already parses this file.
* Test code to validate correct behavior
* Integration/acceptance tests
* All libraries and dependencies must use Apache 2.0 friendly licenses
### Additional Information
* Bounty amount: 1,500 DAI
* https://github.com/PegaSysEng/pantheon/issues/1120 should be completed before this.
* See Besu Contribution Guidelines [here](https://github.com/hyperledger/besu/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md).
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: