Workers Auto Approve
Privacy Hackathon Bounty 1: Privacy in Payments
Privacy, MakerDAO, Hackathon
### Prize Title
Privacy in Payments
### Prize Bounty
1500 - 4000 Dai
Please note, in the absence of a clear winner, the prize may be distributed across more teams. Additional submissions may receive additional Dai at the team’s discretion. Selected winners/submissions are also eligible to have their applications fast-tracked through the [Development Grants Program](https://community-development.makerdao.com/grants) review process.
### Challenge Description
Financial security is a big issue, particularly for users in vulnerable populations. Put the composability of the ecosystem to work and figure out a simple way for a user to make payments while preserving privacy and security.
**There are many types of users to build for. We think about....**
Vulnerable populations and politically sensitive individuals who may need to ensure the security of their capital and livelihood. For developed countries, individuals may need consumer privacy from corporations.
**A few ideas to get you started…**
- How might we offer the option for users to opt in or toggle between private and public engagement?
- How might we help users avoid exposing their timezone, wallet, purchases, or connections?
- How might we protect users in vulnerable populations from negative political or social repercussions?
**Specific ideas around payments:**
- A method to spend DAI in such a way that the primary address of the sender is not visible.
- How to transfer DAI in such a way that it goes to its intended recipient, but where others are not able to see the eventual destination address.
- Private invoices (i.e. for receiving / sending salaries). Obscuring payments between two parties without revealing the amount.
- How might we make anonymous Dai donations or contributions frictionless for any user?
- Ability to generate “clean addresses”: a simple way for users to send funds to a new address without revealing their past purchasing history, heavy bags and/or stacked sats.
- How might we avoid exposing user information to large corporations or systems designed to profit from it?
### Submission Requirements
- If you build something _useful and cool_, show it off! Submissions must be at minimum, **a proof of concept**, accepted in all formats (wireframes, prototypes, or production code).
- Highly recommended: delivered in any format, including but not limited to a demo, a presentation, or bonus points: a video recording of a user trying it out!
[Community Development Portal Resources](https://community-development.makerdao.com/#our-resources)
### Submission Deadline
July 6, 2020 at 23:59 UTC
### Judging Criteria
- Communicate a specific user group and use case
- Reasonable amount of security with highly usable interface
- Embeddable or easily integrated solutions are prioritized
- Wallet agnostic solutions are prioritized
- We prioritize submissions that reduce onboarding friction and are usable to people unfamiliar with crypto
### Winner Announcement Date
July 10, 2020 12:00 UTC
### Contact & Support
For questions about the challenge please join us in the [#community-development channel](https://chat.makerdao.com/channel/community-development) in our chat. For technical questions feel free to ping the [#devs](https://chat.makerdao.com/channel/dev).
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: