Workers Auto Approve
[500 DAI x 3] Blockchain is a Fad Hack
near, ethereum, privacy
### Blockchain is a Fad Hack
### Prize Bounty
Three prizes worth 500 DAI each
### Challenge Description
Both cryptocurrency and blockchain have excited some of the world’s smartest people since before the now famous bitcoin whitepaper was announced. But so far, it seems that blockchain hasn’t delivered on the promise of mass adoption. Could it be just a fad that goes the way so many before it? Or is it truly a groundbreaking innovation? It’s up to you to decide!
Two parallel universes are splitting off from this one. This is where you pick which future you believe in!
**The Light Timeline** - blockchain changes the world of privacy: The most useful blockchain hack. This is something like a financial product (e.g. send transactions in a way that doesn't expose your identity”) a new digital currency that has some unique value (you can only spend it on books?) or maybe you want to create secure online voting. This challenge is for you to shine while you save the world! (And you get that cash money if you win.)
**The Dark Timeline** - blockchain for privacy is a fad: The most useless blockchain hack. We want to see the funniest and faddiest blockchain apps. If you want to build an ICO for cats, Dogecoin V2, TikTok-but-for-some-reason-its-on-blockchain... well you get it! If you make us laugh AND your useless hack achieves a useless goal (it’s got to actually do something like protect your cats data when you post photos of it) we give you cash money! Turn this hackathon into a wackathon for the memes.
**Any ol’ Hack:** If you just want to do your thing and learn about blockchain, or use our simple account system with whatever you build, we will cheer you on! You can get this prize just for using one of our libraries in your hack.
### Submission deadline
The last day of the hackathon
### Submission Requirements
Please make sure that your submission addresses the following criteria:
- A working link to a demo of the application is required for submission
- Open source code must be submitted with the demo to be considered
- Submitted by the deadline
- Be the original work of an individual participant or a group project
- Built utilizing NEAR protocol
- A human will look at the commit logs, so no funny business!
### Judging Criteria
- An asynchronous panel of engineers will judge your hack. They will rate your project on a scale from 1-5 on the following grades.
- Your hack will be graded on the following scale:
- Adherence to challenge (E.g. how well does it solve the proposed problem)
- Practicality in the real world
- Originality and innovation
- Technicality of implementation
- Design and usability
- Each prize will go to one application that best meets the listed criteria.
- Your application can qualify for several prizes.
**We DO require a video demo with your submission.**
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: