Workers Auto Approve
[1000 DAI] Integrate 3Box and Gitcoin: Backup Gitcoin Profiles to 3Box
3box, react, gitcoin, ux
# Gitcoin Integration Bounty
Integrate 3Box into Gitcoin: Backup my Gitcoin profile information to my 3Box account
### Prize Bounty
### Challenge Description
Give Gitcoin users the option to backup their complete Gitcoin profile and contribution history to 3Box. This feature will give Gitcoin users greater control of their data and allow them to take this information to other platforms. Once this feature is live, users won't have to build up separate contribution histories and reputation on different future of work platforms, but they can instead reuse their existing history.
A successful bounty will include:
- Integrate 3Box.js into Gitcoin's frontend
- UI for backing up my Gitcoin data to 3Box, inside of a "Gitcoin" space. This likely happens on a button from the "My Profile" page
- When clicked, the user should be prompted to approve the messages inside their wallet (openBox() and openSpace() methods via 3Box.js). This logs them in to 3Box.
- You will need to decide which data should be saved publicly, which should be saved privately (encrypted), and the keys to use for the key-value store.
- Logic for updating a user's backup with new information. Should this be automatic, or manual?
Discord for support: [https://discord.gg/Z3f3Cxy](https://discord.gg/Z3f3Cxy)
### Submission Requirements
- Open source code in the form a PR forked from the Gitcoin web repo ([https://github.com/gitcoinco/web](https://github.com/gitcoinco/web)).
- Share your submission in our Discord in the [general-dev channel]([https://discord.gg/Z3f3Cxy](https://discord.gg/Z3f3Cxy))
- Add the labe' `Gitcoin Global Communities Hackathon` to your PR
### Submission Deadline
December 17th 2019
### Judging Criteria
Once the hackathon has finished, we will judge the submission on the following criteria:
**Working Demo:** We will be looking for a working demo that can be run locally.
**Intuitive User Experience:** We are looking for submissions that most mirror the experience users are familiar with on Gitcoin. Delighting the users is also important, but only after functionality is achieved.
**Code Review:** Submissions which meet our requirements in terms of UX, design and performance will be code reviewed by the Gitcoin and 3Box teams. We are looking for clean, easy to read code.
### Winner Announcement Date
December 20th at the latest
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: