Workers Auto Approve
EPIC Fund an Issue from a Private Repo
### User Story
[comment]: # (As a , I want to so that .)
as a repo maintainer, i want to be able to fund an issue from a private repo, so i can have contributors work on private stuff
### Why Is this Needed
Even though there is a macro trend towards OSS, there is much more closed sourced software out there than open source software still.
Like how Netflix started with DVDs as a means of creating a giant internet video streaming service, so too, will we support closed source repos on Gitcoin.
[comment]: # (Describe the problem and why this task is needed. Provide description of the current state, what you would like to happen, and what actually happen)
[comment]: # (Feature or Bug? i.e Type: Bug)
### Current Behavior
[comment]: # (Describe what actually happened.)
No support for Closed Source Software
### Expected Behavior
[comment]: # (Describe what you expected to happen.)
When a user submits a bounty that is closed source on the current gitcoin.co/new flow...
The system will detect that it is from a private repo. When it detects that, it will
1. toggle on a tooltip that says "this is a private repo. learn more about gitcoin's support for private repos, [click here](https://link/to/cms/page/describing/private/repo_support)
2. the system will set the permission type to be 'approval required'
3. the user will be prompted to give gitcoinbot access to their private codebase. if the user follows our intstructions for doing so, we will prefill the bounty title / desc. if not, they will be asked to enter their own bounty / title desc.
4. the bounty hunter will be given the option to NDA any applicants. gitcoin will have many NDAs available for funders to use. some will be available to everyone, some will be available only to specific users. all of them can be managed via an `NDA` model in the admin, which will have the following fields: name, description, PDF_link, available_to_users. The NDAs can also be uploaded / managed in the Gitcoin settings page, under a new tab called 'advanced'.
user presses submit. bounty is posted as per normal.
on the bounty explorer page
1. there will be a 'private repo' tag for this bounty on it's row on the explorer page
on the bounty detail page
1. there will be a 'private repo' tag in the header for the bounty.
2. when a user applies to start work, they will have to sign an NDA. if they do not sign the NDA, they cannot apply.
3. when a user is approved to start work, their access to a private repo will be granted (if gitcoin bot has access to manage their perms). if gitcoinbot does not have access to add/remove them, an email will be sent to the funder reminding them to add access.
4. when a user stops work, their access to a private repo will be removed (if gitcoin bot has access to manage their perms). if gitcoinbot does not have access to add/remove them, an email will be sent to the funder reminding them to remove access.
### Definition of Done
[comment]: # (Any other information that would be useful, bullets are helpful.)
see above ^^
### Additional Information
[comment]: # (Any other information that would be useful, content, screenshots, etc.)
We will need to source the NDA copy from legal.
We will need to write a CMS page about how private repos work.
If there is a dispute, how does someone arbitrate without looking at the IP / public PR? We will have to keep a close eye on this and handle it in a v2.
- MPV, active funders, & bounty hunters on private repos as compared to public ones
- LTV on public repo bounties vs private repo bounties
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: