Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Follow the orgs you like more with tribes and build relationships and meaningful projects.
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Most people working with Ethereum have questions about ETH2.0. Kevin Owocki hosted some developers working on the project for a recent episode of the…
Sia recently ran the Skynet Hackathon with Gitcoin for Skynet’s launch, leading to over 40 project submissions in a 2 week period. This piece, …
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
# **Arweave’s Perpetual Open Web Hackathon**
Welcome to the perpetual, open permaweb hackathon!
At Arweave we firmly believe that the future of the [new web should be open source](https://medium.com/@arweave/towards-an-open-source-web-9ffe201fc044) for the benefit of users and developers alike. We want to help make this a reality, so we’re rewarding developers like yourself for building open source dApps on the permaweb!
**Time investment:** One afternoon to one weekend.
**$250 in ETH + 150 AR**
A dynamic and interactive web application that is hosted on the permaweb, along with ideas that contribute added functionality to the permaweb eco system. For examples: [Arweave API explorer](https://arweave.net/LHff4F45o7ipDqjoePG0PDG5BD2hLD8xf17OBg4FjRE) & [ArweaveID](https://arweave.net/fGUdNmXFmflBMGI2f9vD7KzsrAc1s1USQgQLgAVT0W0). Ideas that resemble or improve on popular web applications such as [AskWeave](https://arweave.net/HhIjOjxgHYXJU5RVjRYfAR017vbZdujbCSlaA8NQ20U) & [Scribe](https://arweave.net/VOKAC_SYiUzbJrEaIY5SEBh1pf0bGQOd8c7G68nzet4#/) are also encouraged, and all applications must include a nice looking UI. Applications whose core features rely on centralised dependencies are not accepted.
You can find the docs for getting started deploying your first permaweb app [here](https://docs.arweave.org/developers/tools/arweave-deploy).
The docs for the JS library that allows you to read from and write to the permaweb are [here](https://github.com/ArweaveTeam/arweave-js).
We’re providing some free tokens so you can get started building and deploying - grab your wallet [here](https://tokens.arweave.org/#/wallet). For guidance on how to use the Chrome web extension wallet, check out [this user guide](https://docs.arweave.org/info/wallets/arweave-web-extension-wallet).
**[Check out ArweaveApps](http://arweaveapps.com) to ensure your submission is substantially different from existing applications on the permaweb!**
### **Successful submissions will meet the following criteria:**
- Submissions must be **your own original work**, and must be **unique or substantially different** from other permaweb applications or submissions to this hackathon.
- We are happy to accept forks of other applications, but the featureset must be substantially different or significantly expanded in the forked version.
- Your app **_must_ interact with Arweave** using ArweaveJS
- Apps must be **open source, with the full source code available on Github or another open code hosting repository**. Feel free to use whatever OSS licence you prefer.
- Applications should be **sufficiently complex**, as judged by the core Arweave team. For example, a simple ‘hello world’ app is not complex enough to receive a reward. Broken/non-functional submissions will also be rejected. You should aim for a minimal viable product that an end-user could reasonably start to use.
- Your submission must **include a link to a live, functioning, and running instance of the app itself, as well as a link to the repository** it is stored within. It must also be published to ArweaveApps (see the submission process below)
- All applicants must **[join our Discord Dev server](https://discord.gg/VxJ3xsm)** and share your submission in the **#on-the-arweave** channel upon completion
- Your GitHub account **must be at least one month old**
- All submissions must include a **brief description** of the application and functionality in the GitHub repo
- If you wish to submit **more than one** submission, you are required to get approval from us before you are eligible to start a 2nd. Submissions are **limited to three** per developer, unless you are part of the Apollo program
## **Reward details**
- We are currently offering rewards for up to 500 successful submissions in this hackathon
- The value of ETH to USD will be pegged at the time of transfer, which follows successful submission and provision of recipients’ ETH and AR addresses.
- Only submissions which are judged by the core Arweave team to meet all of the submission criteria will receive the rewards
## **The submission process**
Please note, submissions will only receive a reward if they successfully meet the submission criteria listed above. If you have questions, [holla at us on Discord!](https://discord.gg/VxJ3xsm)
- Hack! Join us our tech Discord if you have any questions!
- Publish your app to [ArweaveApps](https://arweave.net/35IFq9BcIgpSPti9YDYDiaQy4wMfMIKZ25t7hHZrhek). Also, submit a comment to the GitHub issue for the hackathon campaign [here](https://github.com/ArweaveTeam/Bounties/issues/1), containing a link to your app’s repository, and a link to the live, running version of your app on the permaweb. You can generate a permaweb URL for the app by appending the transaction ID to this gateway link: [https://arweave.net/](https://arweave.net/)
- If you wish to submit more than one project, you will not be able to do so via GitCoin. In this case, you can submit an application by posting your build in the GitHub issue and provide a link to the live deployed app. We also recommend pitching your idea for additional submissions on [Discord](https://discord.gg/VxJ3xsm) before starting work.
- If your app meets the reward criteria defined above, we will release the reward!
**Skyrocket with Apollo 🚀** Stand out from the crowd and build a show-stopping application with a killer UI to be in for the chance of entering our Apollo program. Apollo rewards you for building top-notch applications, by providing you with additional resources, rewards, and the chance to drive users to your perma-app. We’ll be keeping a close eye on submissions and if we spot a super-star build, you’ll be hearing from us!
Remember to join us on our developers’ [Discord server](https://discord.gg/VxJ3xsm) to chat, and get feedback and assistance with building!