Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Follow the orgs you like more with tribes and build relationships and meaningful projects.
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Most people working with Ethereum have questions about ETH2.0. Kevin Owocki hosted some developers working on the project for a recent episode of the…
Sia recently ran the Skynet Hackathon with Gitcoin for Skynet’s launch, leading to over 40 project submissions in a 2 week period. This piece, …
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
This is an advanced issue and requires deep experience within the industry and vast experience in architecting systems and or cryptography.
We'd like to explore research on how we can properly encrypt and decrypt data we store in a safe manner. Currently, fulfillments on the bounties explorer are stored in IPFS. You can [view the standard schema here/details here](https://github.com/Bounties-Network/Explorer/issues/237) and should also be familiar with [the standard bounties contract](https://github.com/Bounties-Network/standardBounties). We'd like to encrypt this data and allow the submitter/fulfiller and the bounty issuer to be able to decrypt it securely. Similar mechanisms may have shown up in chat systems in the space and can think of some examples myself, however, would like someone else to dive into some initial research and provide us with various options, ideas, and paths.
- Very clear research, code examples, references for a solid, safe, secure solution using cryptographic methods
- Completely off-chain if possible
- Well though out, clear effort, time and investment put into the effort and a viable architecture/solution
- Decryption keys should be generated in a way where we are not the intermediary
- Keys should only be accessible between verified owners of the ethereum addresses that are sharing
- Answers questions below
# Questions to Answer
- What encryption schemas should we use?
- How should we generate keys?
- How should the key be transmitted to the end user in a secure manner?
- Is there a way that they can generate the keys on their own on the client side so we never have access to unencrypted keys?
- [Join our slack community](https://join.slack.com/t/bountiesnetwork/shared_invite/enQtMzA2Mjk3MzAzODQwLTZjN2UxMmU5MWYxZTVmMmM4OGNjZDRiMDgwYTVhOTIwYmQ4MjVlMjNkZjYzOTE4MWI4OTFhOWE4ZTUzN2MyNWY) and message in our community-dev channel for questions
- Put a PR up directly into the explorer repo