Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
## Bounty Prizes
Each Winning Entry will receive [5 ETH](https://currencio.co/eth/usd/5/)
## Decentralizing Research
Over the course of the last 18 months at Consensys, the Labs Relays team has had the opportunity to work with (and even play a part in founding!) a number of compelling companies in the blockchain space. We developed the Relays program as a way to incentivize building around areas and industries that we believed were “ripe for disruption” by blockchain and web3 technology. To date, that list has included finance, media, and healthcare, though we have many more ideas up our sleeves for upcoming Relays in 2020.
And yet, as a team of two with the combined life experience that we have, we know for certain that we are not able to witness and partake in all of the experiences out there. We don’t know what it’s like to be unbanked, or perhaps how it feels to be at the mercy of a centralized authority. We know that there is an incredible opportunity for blockchain to have a real impact on the world, and we want to write better bounties for our Relays going forward that are based on real-life experiences and problems: *your* real-life experiences.
For this *Road to Devcon* hackathon, we’re introducing a new track: ***Decentralizing Research***, in which we will reward up to 5 individuals or teams with 5 ETH (around $1000) to tell and show us how your unique problem or experience (or that of a friend or family member) is ripe for disruption by blockchain. That by bringing blockchain’s *transparency*, *immutability,* and *decentralized* power to bear on your current experience, you could make it 5x, 10x, or even 100x better for you and others in your similar situation.
### Contest Rules:
* Through written description, visual artifacts, or both, show and tell us about the use case you’ve identified that is most ready for disruption by blockchain technology. Your submission may include, but is not limited to, the following artifacts: [use case description, UML use case diagrams](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oYstsy1GKc) , [stakeholder maps](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU2QHC_Tfwk) , [journey maps](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NW7vcXkBAE) , [interview notes, ethnographic artifacts](https://youtu.be/mF5cb_xz3Z0) , etc.
* Our team of Designers and Design Researchers at Consensys will evaluate each of your submissions and rank them on the following criteria, weighted as indicated in parentheses:
* *Description of Use Case/Scenario (40% of total score)*. Examples of submissions that would fulfill this requirement include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Use case description or UML diagram
* Clear identification of target user
* Written description of scenario of interest and context in which it occurs
* Visual artifact [depicting relationships between concepts](https://creately.com/blog/diagrams/ultimate-concept-map-tutorial/) (i.e. [concept map](http://www.dubberly.com/wp-content/uploads/1999/08/ddo_search_small.pdf) )
* *Delivery of research to back up use case and ecosystem (40% of total score)*. Examples of submissions that would fulfill this requirement include, but are not limited to, the following:
* List of research experiences (interviews, observations, etc) completed with links to notes and/or photo and video files. Examples provided in the comments below.
* Visual artifacts to show analysis (i.e. journey map, stakeholder map, etc)
* *Potential of use case for disruption by blockchain as described by submitting team (20% of total score).* Examples of submissions that would fulfill this requirement include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Written description of how blockchain technology is positioned to disrupt your use case/scenario.
* Visual markup of deliverable artifacts showing where blockchain/web3 technology would change the current experience.
* *Please note*: you don’t have to have the solutions, you just have to have ideas on the areas of impact. Where does blockchain/ethereum have a unique ability to dramatically improve existing user journeys leveraging it’s transparency, immutability, decentralization, or other assets?
* Judges will assign a score to each of the 3 criteria above, using the following scoring guidelines:
* 0: Did not meet criteria
* 1: Deliverables met minimum criteria: participant(s) uploaded a description, completed some research sessions, and made an argument for why blockchain.
* 2: Deliverables achieved average expectations: participant(s) demonstrated understanding and competence with methods, used provided templates, conveyed some unique insights about why blockchain would be disruptive to their scenario.
* 3: Deliverables exceeded expectations: participant(s) demonstrated ability to apply techniques, extracted compelling insights, and made a meaningful argument.
* 4: Deliverables greatly exceeded expectations: participant(s) mastered and furthered techniques, developed and represented deep insights and communicated in novel ways.
* We will award 3-5 prizes of 5 ETH (around $1,000 USD), depending on total number of submissions and judge’s scoring to the teams with the highest overall score
* The top ranking team will also get their use case featured as a bounty track on our next Relay program so that brilliant individuals and teams from all over the world can help you reimagine your use case with blockchain technology!
## Submitting Decentralized Research Bounties - Details and Instructions
### Review the Submission
[Review the submission instructions on the readme.md on the Road to DevCon Relay repo.](https://github.com/ConsenSys/Road-To-Devcon-Relay/blob/master/readme.md
### Submission Deadline
All bounty submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM EDT on October 4th, 2019 to be considered.
### Judging Date
Projects will be assessed from October 5th to October 10th, 2019, and winners will be announced by GitCoin and Labs.