Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
A little over three months ago, we announced the beginning of KERNEL. An experiment in building a highly curated community of talented builders in We…
GoodDollar is live and over 20,000 users have created wallets from every corner of the globe. Are you interested to learn how we plan to use smart co…
Gitcoin is GDPR compliant. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
### Prize Bounty
USD **$10,000** First Prize
USD **$7,000** Second Prize
USD **$3,000** Third Prize
### **Challenge Description**
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and the associated disease CoVID-19 has crippled the world and has caused a significant strain on the healthcare system at large. There is an imminent need to streamline our current processes and highlight the role blockchain technologies can have in fighting this threat. [According to McKinsey](https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/healthcare-systems-and-services/our-insights/beyond-coronavirus-the-path-to-the-next-normal) there are five major aspects to our societal response. Each team should frame their solutions in one or more of the following roles:
### Team Creation
[Fill out this form ](https://gitcoin.typeform.com/to/HeJPiY)by April 20th to describe your project and team to ensure you receive Mentor Support moving forward throughout the Hackathon.
### **Eligibility Requirements**
**To be eligible to win a prize, teams:**
- Shall have registered to participate in the Hackathon under the rules promulgated by ConsenSys Health and Gitcoin.
- Shall have complied with all the stated requirements of the Hackathon.
- All works presented to the judges must be created during the Hackathon unless it is publicly available under a suitable open source license. This means that you can brainstorm app ideas and sketch wireframes ahead of time but judging shall be based upon the original combination of your code with open source libraries or tools.
- Shall not be a ConsenSys Health employee. Employees of Stop CoVID-19 Hackathon partners are eligible to participate but are NOT eligible to win prize money.
- All individuals and entities must meet the eligibility requirements as stated in paragraph 4, above, and elsewhere in this document..
- An individual or entity shall not be deemed ineligible because the individual or entity used federal facilities or consulted with federal employees during the Code-a-Thon if the facilities and employees are made available to all individuals and entities participating in the Code-a-Thon on an equitable basis.
- Contestants must agree to assume any and all risks and waive claims against the Federal Government and its related entities, except in the case of willful misconduct, for any injury, death, damage, or loss of property, revenue, or profits, whether direct, indirect, or consequential, arising from participation in this prize contest, whether the injury, death, damage, or loss arises through negligence or otherwise. Contestants must also agree to indemnify the Federal Government against third party claims for damages arising from or related to Challenge activities.
- Contestants must comply with the Stop CoVID-19 Hackathon Code of Conduct.
### **General Submission Requirements**
In order for a submission to be eligible to win this Challenge, it must meet the following requirements. Non-eligible submissions will not be judged.
- **No use of ConsenSys Health logo** – The product must not use ConsenSys Health or official seals and must not claim endorsement.
- **Functionality/Accuracy** – A product may be disqualified if it fails to function as expressed in the description provided by the Participant, or if it provides inaccurate or incomplete information, or if it is not functional at all.
- **Security** – Submissions must be free of malware. Participant agrees that ConsenSys Health may conduct testing on the product to determine whether malware or other security threats may be present. ConsenSys Health may disqualify the submission if, in ConsenSys Health’s judgment, it may damage equipment or operating environment.
- **Entry** - Each team will submit their code as a git repository commit to the gitcoin website by the stated deadline.
### **Submission Deadlines/Important Dates**
- 12:00 PM UTC on April 13th, 2020: Hackathon Kickoff
- 11:59 PM UTC on April 20th, 2020: Project Submission Deadline
- 11:59 PM UTC on April 20th, 2020: Mentor Request Deadline
- 11:59 PM UTC on April 20th, 2020: Start of Coding
- 11:59 PM UTC on May 11th, 2020: Final Submissions
**Winning teams announced on May 18th!**
### Submission Deliverables ###
At end of hackathon following items are required to be submitted on Gitcoin platform:
- Link to git repository and any relevant websites for project
- Pitch Presentation in PDF format detailing team, problem, and solution
- 5-7 minute Video demo of solution uploaded to YouTube with link shared
### Judging Criteria
There will be up to nine Judges, each with expertise in Healthcare, Life sciences, Blockchain and cryptography. Judges will award a score to each submission. The winner(s) of the competition will be decided based on the highest average overall score. Judges will only participate in judging competitions for which they do not have any conflicts of interest.
**The panel of judges will assess each solution based on the following criteria:**
- **Use of Data To Provide Effective Outcomes/Weight 35%**
The demonstration was presented in a way that is easy to understand, visually appealing, and will help drive understanding of the opportunities to solve real-world healthcare problems during this global pandemic.
- **Technical Competence and Capabilities/Weight 20%**
The demonstration addresses the primary goals of the Stop CoVID-19 Hackathon and exhibits interoperability with existing blockchain technologies with an emphasis on the Ethereum blockchain.
- **Valuable Information and Insights Regarding Data/Weight 25%**
Team identifies gaps in standards and utilizes blockchain to demonstrate how the technology may be used to enhance/improve existing privacy and security functions, and share data across the health ecosystem.
- **Creativity/Innovation/Weight 20%**
The project exceeds expectations through its incorporation of creative design elements and innovative capabilities.
### **Winner Announcement Date**