Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Aloha, Gitcoiners! How do you feel about Data Dignity, Quadratic Voting, Quadratic Finance and Decentralized Identity?
KERNEL is an 8-week, invite-only program for top tech talent looking to build relationships, products, and companies in blockchain and Web 3. 100 tal…
Type in [[ 2- term.length]] more characters to get results
[[ result.title ]]
[[ result.description | truncate(70) ]]
No matches found
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
At MyBit we are focused on the decentralisation of wealth, which we had been working on through our many applications. By the end of the year, we plan on decentralising the company itself, which means also opening the knowledge that we use for developing our apps.
One of the core ways we are planning to achieve so is by creating a standard baseline for the documentation required for developing applications on top of the MyBit ecosystem. We believe that solid kick-off documentation takes a product long ways within an agile lifecycle, and helps developers have a product scope and goals in check.
The goal of this task is to create a new brand PRD template that we can use across our applications taking in consideration the current DApp ecosystem, thus considering, for example, non-functional features like a proper user experience with Metamask. The document is meant to target web applications that perform interactions with Ethereum contracts and provide a baseline for Product Owners to describe the functionality, scope, and other expectations about the application to be developed.
1. Read [Atlassian PRD template](https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/templates/product-requirements-document) and [breakdown of a PRD document](https://www.atlassian.com/agile/product-management/requirements).
2. Via Google Doc, create a draft of a template for a PRD document that requests the following items:
- **Team member definition**. Create a section that describes who will be the Product Owner and a Product Manager of the project, as well as a small introduction on what they are supposed to do. The Product Owner (PO) is the person focused in defining the product vision, scope, and general focus of the product, whereas the Product Manager (PM) is the person focused in ensuring the product success, delivery, and milestones of the product defined by its PO. Alongside, define who other individuals are involved in the project and a section for them to add contact information, role and core skills.
- **User Stories and Technical Requirements (Functional and Non-functional)**. Create a section that allows PO/PMs to define all user stories required and expected from the product/application to work. You can base yourself in the general [IEEE SRS guidelines](https://cse.msu.edu/~cse870/IEEEXplore-SRS-template.pdf) for inspiration on what to cover, yet make sure to keep the section lean.
- **Design Brief**. Create a section within the PRD that includes insertion of Wireframes, Styleguides (Brand, Color, Typography) and High-End Mocks describing the look and feel of the product.
- **Roadmap** Add a section in PRD for adding a general Roadmap the product. The Roadmap is defined by a PO and PM, and is supported by everyone involved in the making of the PRD. The Roadmap includes a set of Tasks or Milestones expected to be delivered every week, so it should be in the forms of deliverables, and not dates.
The document needs to be extensive but not exhausting. It should work as a brief that you as a developer would like to receive in order to know how to develop an app that is requested from you. If you don't know whether a section should be included, chances are that it should, so please ensure you go back and forward with the team to get a decision.
## To Submit
1. Send a comment to this repository with your Google Doc, and await revision. We'll iterate a couple times on the content and structure until it's complete.
2. After the content is ready, translate it from Google Doc to a Markdown file(s), and send a PR with the changes. The content will show up in develop.mybit.io, so might take some extra time to iterate that as well.
## Additional information
Here are a couple guides on inspirations for creating a PRD
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to comment on the task. For faster interaction, you can reach the team at our [Gitter](https://gitter.im/Mybit-Foundation/DDF) channel.
All work completed via the MyBit Decentralised Development Fund is property of the MyBit Foundation (CHE-177.186.963) and may be used, re-used, and/or distributed, re-distributed by the MyBit Foundation for financial gain. The contributor holds no warrant nor claims for any future payments resulting from monetisation schemes originating from the MyBit Foundation or any of its affiliates. Where law permits outside of open source regulations, the contributor is not permitted to distribute any work completed via the MyBit Decentralised Development Fund (DDF) for personal gain.