Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
Add support for uPNP (Universal Plug and Play) for all the networking in [Pantheon](https://github.com/PegaSysEng/pantheon/). The goal for this work is to allow developers and community users to quickly allow inbound peer connections without requiring manual router configuration.
The implementation should be fairly standalone and only support UPNP and NAT. Further work, outside the scope of this bounty, may provide similar functionality in different contexts, see [“General internal NAT API"](https://github.com/PegaSysEng/BountiedWork/issues/2) for details.
### Acceptance Criteria
* Needs to be able to detect that a node is running in a UPNP NAT environment.
* Needs to be able to determine the IP address/Port on the other side of the NAT, If only to report back to operator as a convenience, excluding double-nat issues, logging to the system as appropriate.
* Provides configuration options to enable/disable Port Forwarding through the NAT. Including the ability to map both TCP and UDP ports (for the discovery port) as well as multiple TCP ports (for HTTP RPC, WebSockets RPC, and Metrics).
* Enode information reported to other nodes via the discovery protocol uses the external IP address and port.
* External addresses are reported in the [“AdminNodeInfo” JSON-RPC](https://github.com/PegaSysEng/pantheon/blob/master/ethereum/jsonrpc/src/main/java/tech/pegasys/pantheon/ethereum/jsonrpc/internal/methods/AdminNodeInfo.java) as the ‘ip’ field when NAT usage is detected, otherwise the local address is reported.
* Unit test code to validate correct behavior.
* Integration/acceptance tests
* All libraries and dependencies must use Apache 2.0 friendly licenses
### Out of Scope
* Handling IP address changes while Pantheon is running
* Disabling NAT traversal via JSON RPC
### Additional Information
For context on future work to be done after this task, see #2, #3, and #4.
See Pantheon's Contribution Guidelines [here](https://github.com/PegaSysEng/pantheon/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md).