Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
In partnership with Protocol Labs, we’re excited to welcome builders from everywhere to APOLLO, your mission control to engage with the builder…
We’re excited to publically announce that Matic Network is partnering with Gitcoin to launch the Build-n-Earn Program – assisting dApps t…
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
Create a general internal API to support Network Address Translation (NAT) technologies in [Besu](https://github.com/hyperledger/besu/). The goal of this work is to offer developers a consistent API for performing NAT tasks so that I can abstractly add support for new NAT systems (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) with a minimum amount of code changes. As a second NAT style, explicit configuration for all ports and IP addresses would be available.
See [“Add uPnP Support”](https://github.com/PegaSysEng/pantheon/issues/1120) task for additional content.
### Acceptance Criteria
* Based on the UPNP NAT code architect the internal APIs so that other NAT technologies can use the same internal APIs (for example, administrator configured port forwarding or Docker/Container address/port mapping).
* Java APIs to determine if a node is in a NAT environment, and then identify the kind of NAT environment.
* Java APIs to determine determine local IP address and ports as well as external IP addresses and ports.
* Java APIs to enable/disable the NAT port forwarding if the environment requires it, as well as APIs to determine if such calls are needed or making the enable/disable calls a no-op when it is unneeded.
* Code for [‘AdminNodeInfo’ JSON-RPC](https://github.com/hyperledger/besu/blob/master/ethereum/api/src/main/java/org/hyperledger/besu/ethereum/api/jsonrpc/internal/methods/AdminNodeInfo.java) and Discovery protocol enode information uses the generalized APIs.
* Ability to explicitly configure the external IP to broadcast without regards to NAT or other considerations.
* Update besu.ports file to include local and global ip address and update downstream code that already parses this file.
* Test code to validate correct behavior
* Integration/acceptance tests
* All libraries and dependencies must use Apache 2.0 friendly licenses
### Additional Information
* Bounty amount: 1,500 DAI
* https://github.com/PegaSysEng/pantheon/issues/1120 should be completed before this.
* See Besu Contribution Guidelines [here](https://github.com/hyperledger/besu/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md).