Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
Hobbits is a network protocol for distributed systems meant for simple interactions between peers. Hobbits is used to explore and test interactions between Ethereum 2.0 clients as they firm up network requirements.
This bounty will be awarded to the team or individual implementing a Hobbits test client defined by the specification of the wire protocol and the specification of the gossip protocol.
### Acceptance criteria:
- The implementation is delivered under a permissive open source license (MIT and/or ASL)
- The test client implements the Hobbits specification.
- The test client can relay messages between two peers.
- The test client reports behaviors from the peers in text format, made to stdout.
- The test client is shown to interoperate with other instances of the test client.
- TCP Transport
Node1 -> Test Client Relay -> Node2
**Node1:** Logs messages sent
**Test Client Relay:** Logs messages received
**Node2:** Logs messages received
> Note: Test suite then compares logs to ensure that they match
### Additional Info
Hobbits specifications: https://github.com/deltap2p/hobbits