Workers Auto Approve
Open-Source Package for Quadratic Funding and Voting in Ownership Associations
GitxChange, #QuadraticVoting, QuadraticFinance
### Prize Title
Open-Source Package for Quadratic Funding and Voting in Owner Associations
### Prize Bounty
### Challenge Description
The challenge is to create an accessible open-source package enabling homeowner associations (HOAs) and similar ownership associations (OAs) to make community decisions with Quadratic Finance (QF) and Quadratic Voting (QV). Regarding the specific implementation, we are open to different approaches. However, it is important to make it as simple as possible for nontechnical people to use.
People lack tools and incentives to cooperate towards creative management of common areas, e.g. stairwells, gardens, recreation areas, sports studios, vending machines, etc. If people won‘t contribute voluntarily, where does the money come from? How do we decide what‘s an actual improvement for the community? How do we make it easy and interesting for people to share their ideas for improvement and see those ideas come to fruition?
QF and QV are new social technologies that have various use cases for governance of public goods and other shared resource systems. QF encourages more broad-based participation in raising and allocating resources toward public goods. QV maximizes the social value produced by collective decisions by considering the intensity of people’s preferences while also preventing the loudest voices from dominating.
We believe OAs could make great use of QF and QV in optimizing the space and resources under their management. We envision a platform on which the members of HOAs, cooperatives, co-housings, and mixed-use developments can register for and carry out QF and QV processes of all kinds. For example: QF could be applied to allocate a matching fund for discretionary common space improvement projects; and QV could be used in HOA board decisions.
- [Between Abundance and Scarcity](https://www.radicalxchange.org/blog/posts/between-scarcity-and-abundance/)
- [Colorado Tried a New Way to Vote: Make People Pay—Quadratically](https://www.wired.com/story/colorado-quadratic-voting-experiment/)
- [Gitcoin Grants](https://gitcoin.co/grants/)
- [The Handbook for Radical Local Democracy](https://www.radicalxchange.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/The_Handbook_for_Radical_Local_Democracy.pdf)
- [Liberal Radicalism: A Flexible Design For Philanthropic Matching Funds](https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3243656)
- [Quadratic Moloch code](https://github.com/DemocracyEarth/quadratic-moloch)
- [Quadratic Payments: A Primer](https://vitalik.ca/general/2019/12/07/quadratic.html)
- [Quadratic Voting: How Mechanism Design Can Radicalize Democracy](https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2003531)
- [Quadratic Voting - Wikipedia](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadratic_voting)
- [The Role of Homeowners’ Associations](https://www.lawdepot.com/blog/the-role-of-a-homeowners-association/)
### Submission Requirements
We will accept submissions in all formats, including but not limited to wireframes, prototypes, and production code. In any case, it would be great if you included a video demo of your submission. All submissions, including all code, must be open-source for future use and reference by the community, and links to external documents must be provided in the GitHub repository submission.
As these guidelines are broad and left up to your own discretion, we expect you to deliver the following items tailored for your specific solution.
- Simple login / authentication for various stakeholders (HOA members and/or board members, and admins)
- QV experience over an arbitrary number of ballots with an arbitrary number of voice credits for authenticated voters
- QF experience for an arbitrary number of projects with an arbitrary number of authenticated donors
- Both front and backend
- Documentation of your submissions that homeowner associations could work with
### Submission Deadline
All submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (ET) on June 10th, 2020 to be considered.
### Judging Criteria
We are looking for a complete open-source package about QF and QV that homeowner associations can flexibly fit into their work. We will award the prize to the individual/team that produces the most coherent and user-friendly solution.
### Winner Announcement Date
We will assess submissions from June 11th to 17th, 2020. Winners will be announced by 11:59 PM (ET) on June 17th, 2020.
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
Type to search skills..
[[ option.label ]]
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principes of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: