Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
In partnership with Protocol Labs, we’re excited to welcome builders from everywhere to APOLLO, your mission control to engage with the builder…
We’re excited to publically announce that Matic Network is partnering with Gitcoin to launch the Build-n-Earn Program – assisting dApps t…
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
The main purpose of the issue is to integrate [Remme protocol](https://github.com/Remmeauth/remme-core) to the smart home industry. These intentions could improve cybersecurity layer of `Internet of things` as well as provide more powerful and diverse functionality at the expense of native integration with other `Remme` solutions.
As an owner of the smart home, you want to open an entrance door with one button on your key fob or application on mobile device. Before you are able to use this feature, you should create an account using a special software product. Then register your door and key fob to make authorization between these entities possible.
After you press the open door button on key fob, a door checks if a key fob relates to the same account, then if an account is not blocked, then all validations are passed, you expect the door is opened.
Actually, you could extend the solution to communication between any types of devices:
- garage door,
- digital cameras,
- healthcare devices, etc.
# Guide-level explanation
You open special software to:
- register an account on the blockchain,
- create private and public key for your door,
- create private and public key for your key fob,
- store both public keys as related to the account on the blockchain.
When key fob sends the request to open a door, it sends:
- account key fob relates to,
- public key,
- signature of the data (i.e. account address) to proof the ownership of private key.
When the door receives a request, it checks:
- an account key fob relates to, door relates too (through public keys of the door and key fob),
- door's public key is not revoked,
- key fob public key is not revoked,
- key fob signature.
# Technical notes
We understand there are no a lot of engineers which are too familiar with `IoT`, a lot of cool software engineers haven't experience with physical devices. So there is a brief overview of possible solutions to participate in the challenge:
- use your mobile devices as a key fob — create an application if you a mobile developer,
- develop `website as door`, the site that will show the status (opened/closed) of the door.
# How to turn in your stuff
If you want to participate in the challenge, leave the comment below, please. Do not hesitate to ask questions and or request more details about the issue.
Then you have done some stuff and you are ready to show it to use please do your best with:
- provide codebase of your craft,
- provide documentation for your project with the following sections: getting started, troubleshooting, API, etc.,
- provide a link to the ready-to-use application or website,
- if possible record the video to show the result.
The result also expected to be published below in the comments.
- `Remme` website — https://remme.io
- `Remme` documentation — https://docs.remme.io
- `Remme core`, the protocol — https://github.com/Remmeauth/remme-core
- `Remme` `Gitter` channel for tech-community — https://gitter.im/REMME-Tech