Workers Auto Approve
Build a Simple Playground For Optimising The Curve
Smart contracts, Bonded curves, Playground
The latest instalment of DApp curation using a simple bonded curve [can be found here](https://discuss.status.im/t/how-to-curate-dapps-simply/759). I need to update the contract itself to reflect the latest changes and research, but we can parallelize this, and create a bounty simply for a better playground in which to experiment with curves and constants.
The latest spreadsheet that sets out exactly how the mechanism works [can be found here](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T_n6wR7XK0zj6yLdljfD0Vi1UADt3Uf7ZgdiUXVpUrE/edit?usp=sharing). Look on the 3 sheet, entitled `Playground Wireframe` for a sense of what to build here. Please **play with it yourself first** by inserting different values for:
1. The exponent (and therefore the shape of the curve). Satisfy yourself that `1.6` is well chosen, that there is an inflection point i.t.o. the cost to move by 1 SNT at `1.5` (so we can't go below) and that any other value between `1.6` and `2` doesn't give us as high an `amountAvailable`.
2. The % of negative votes (or positive votes). Play with this until you get a sense of what % of votes have to have been cast for the cost to the user to move the DApp 1 SNT down in the store to become "significant" (remembering that "significant" here not only refers to how much it actually costs, but also the effect of loosing 1 SNT as compared to the amount a DApp has staked, i.e. the more they have staked, the less significant loosing 1 SNT is).
Now, this bounty is for a demo environment of your choice in which we can:
1. Play with different values for the exponent and see their effect on the `cost` paid by the user and the `amountAvailable` (hence what the DApp can receive back) in real time. Extra points if we can play with entirely different curves.
2. Have a slider for the % of `negative votes cast` vs `votes minted` (and the % of `total votes cast` vs `votes minted`) which we can use to show what the real cost of voting is for different amounts staked, and different numbers of votes cast.
3. A simple calculator for "if I spend `X SNT` right now (with `A SNT staked` and `B votes already cast` it will move the DApp `Y SNT` in the store". It's easier just to look at the [functional wireframe in the spreadsheet](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T_n6wR7XK0zj6yLdljfD0Vi1UADt3Uf7ZgdiUXVpUrE/edit?usp=sharing).
This idea comes from a tweet from @okwme: https://twitter.com/billyrennekamp/status/1064189839543799816 I'm not sure it asks for exactly what is in that tweet, but hopefully he can comment on some good requirements/deliverables here too.
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: