Workers Auto Approve
Editor: Compile Issue 11 of Aragon Monthly
aragon newsletter, content editing, markdown, aragon, governance, newsletter editing
This issue is for a community contributor to compile the whole issue of the next Aragon Monthly Newsletter that encompasses the content from **November 2018** in MarkDown files in the given format and structure.
The issue has to be closed in a single Pull Request that has all the necessary files and additions incorporated into them as defined below.
- if you get stuck, check the code of the most recent issue in the [archive](https://github.com/aragon/aragon-monthly/tree/master/docs/archive)
- if you have some minor questions tag @krrisis in your comment or ask them in our [chat](https://riot.im/app/#/room/!BqBPUoffUdhHrWOdHD:matrix.org?via=matrix.org)
- Some **more technical and other tips at the end of this issue** to get you started.
- More info on what the Aragon Monthly is all about right [here](https://github.com/aragon/aragon-monthly/blob/master/README.md)
- The current version of the Aragon Monthly (and previous issues) can be found on [monthly.aragon.org](http://monthly.aragon.org).
Things to complete:
## 1) News
- `docs/news/index.md` has to have all of the Issues from https://github.com/aragon/aragon-monthly/issues titled *Issue 10: add ... to News*
- All the items from `news/index.md` have to be also included in the `news/tag.md` respective files based on the tag given to them in `news/index.md`. This means: Aragon related news have to be included in `news/aragon.md`, same for other categories such as DAOs and Governance.
- All news items in `news/index.md` and `tags.md` should be in chronological order based on their date of publishing indicated in the original news item from oldest to newest
- Examples of proper formatting and structure for news [here](https://github.com/aragon/aragon-monthly/blob/master/docs/archive/issue10/news/index.md), and [here](https://github.com/aragon/aragon-monthly/blob/master/docs/archive/issue02/news/daos.md).
_Featured news on top of the pages are optional, the Monthly staff can choose and add these as well_
Guide for news [here](https://monthly.aragon.one/guides/guide_for_submitting_news/)
## 2) Articles
Any Articles submitted during the period for a given Issue of Monthly need to be added to `articles/index.md` under their respective Categories as well as to the `articles/category.md` files in a similar fashion as News items.
- This includes any possible Columns as well
- Examples of proper formatting and structure for articles [here](https://github.com/aragon/aragon-monthly/blob/master/docs/archive/issue01/articles/index.md), [here](https://github.com/aragon/aragon-monthly/blob/master/docs/archive/issue01/articles/opinion/thoughts_on_governance_network_effects.md) and [here](https://github.com/aragon/aragon-monthly/blob/master/docs/archive/issue01/articles/opinion/how_aragon_create_a_fairer_world.md)
Guide for articles [here](https://monthly.aragon.one/guides/guide_for_submitting_articles/)
**TIP**: If there are no articles, you can keep the links for people to submit articles (see guide)
## 3) Classifieds
Any Classifieds submitted during the period for a given Issue of Monthly need to be added to `classifieds/index.md`.
- Examples of proper formatting and structure for classifieds [here](https://github.com/aragon/aragon-monthly/blob/master/docs/archive/issue10/classifieds/index.md)
Guide for classifieds [here](https://monthly.aragon.one/guides/guide_for_submitting_classifieds/)
**TIP**: If no classifieds are submitted, please check which classifieds of the previous edition are still valid and copy these. (if it is an event or a promotion, please also verify the dates)
## 4) Front Page
This page shows the most recent News items, Articles and Classifieds
Order here should be from newest to oldest (!), with 3 items for News and Classifieds and max 2 for Articles.
- Examples of proper formatting and structure for the frontpage [here](https://github.com/aragon/aragon-monthly/blob/master/docs/archive/issue10/index.md)
**General editing tips:
- If there are no images in provided content, you can always find a free image via unsplash.com
- if the final row of content (eg in news) holds only two articles (instead of 3) you can delete one column
**Examples of what a proper, successful Pull Request for this issue would look like:**
### How do I run a local version of the site for editing?
- Install [MkDocs](http://www.mkdocs.org/)
- Install mkdocs-material using Python, `pip install mkdocs-material`
- In the `aragon-monthly` directory, run `mkdocs serve`
- Open [http://localhost:8000/](http://localhost:8000/) in your browser
- Edit documents locally through a text editor such as [Atom](https://atom.io/) in combination with [Github Desktop](https://desktop.github.com/) and/or commands through GitBash, PowerShell or Command Line.
We will allow for a **maximum of 3 revisions** to the Pull Request based on feedback given by the Monthly staff, if the PR still doesn't meet the quality and standard, we will close the PR.
This Issue **should be finished and merged as soon as possible**, this is first-come, first-served; the first proper Pull Request will be merged and will be awarded the associated bounty.
This task and bounty will be recurring, it will be repeated every month, if we see a contributor repeatedly successfully accomplish the task, the person can be added to the Monthly editor staff and they will be able to assign themselves and will have the ability to claim the work and associated bounty in the future._
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: