Workers Auto Approve
Open web hackathon: Build a simple permaweb app
hackathon, HTML, CSS, JS, permaweb, web
# **Arweave’s Perpetual Open Web Hackathon**
Welcome to the perpetual, open permaweb hackathon!
At Arweave we firmly believe that the future of the [new web should be open source](https://medium.com/@arweave/towards-an-open-source-web-9ffe201fc044) for the benefit of users and developers alike. We want to help make this a reality, so we’re rewarding developers like yourself for building open source dApps on the permaweb!
**Time investment:** One afternoon to one weekend.
**$250 in ETH + $50 in AR**
A dynamic and interactive web application that is hosted on the permaweb, along with ideas that contribute added functionality to the permaweb eco system. For examples: [Arweave API explorer](https://arweave.net/LHff4F45o7ipDqjoePG0PDG5BD2hLD8xf17OBg4FjRE) & [ArweaveID](https://arweave.net/fGUdNmXFmflBMGI2f9vD7KzsrAc1s1USQgQLgAVT0W0). Ideas that resemble or improve on popular web applications such as [AskWeave](https://arweave.net/HhIjOjxgHYXJU5RVjRYfAR017vbZdujbCSlaA8NQ20U) & [Scribe](https://arweave.net/VOKAC_SYiUzbJrEaIY5SEBh1pf0bGQOd8c7G68nzet4#/) are also encouraged, and all applications must include a nice looking UI. Applications whose core features rely on centralised dependencies are not accepted.
You can find the docs for getting started deploying your first permaweb app [here](https://docs.arweave.org/developers/tools/arweave-deploy).
The docs for the JS library that allows you to read from and write to the permaweb are [here](https://github.com/ArweaveTeam/arweave-js).
We’re providing some free tokens so you can get started building and deploying - grab your wallet [here](https://tokens.arweave.org/#/wallet). For guidance on how to use the Chrome web extension wallet, check out [this user guide](https://docs.arweave.org/info/wallets/arweave-web-extension-wallet).
**[Check out ArweaveApps](http://arweaveapps.com) to ensure your submission is substantially different from existing applications on the permaweb!**
### **Successful submissions will meet the following criteria:**
- Submissions must be **your own original work**, and must be **unique or substantially different** from other permaweb applications or submissions to this hackathon.
- We are happy to accept forks of other applications, but the featureset must be substantially different or significantly expanded in the forked version.
- Your app **_must_ interact with Arweave** using ArweaveJS
- Apps must be **open source, with the full source code available on Github or another open code hosting repository**. Feel free to use whatever OSS licence you prefer.
- Applications should be **sufficiently complex**, as judged by the core Arweave team. For example, a simple ‘hello world’ app is not complex enough to receive a reward. Broken/non-functional submissions will also be rejected. You should aim for a minimal viable product that an end-user could reasonably start to use.
- Your submission must **include a link to a live, functioning, and running instance of the app itself, as well as a link to the repository** it is stored within. It must also be published to ArweaveApps (see the submission process below)
- All applicants must **[join our Discord Dev server](https://discord.gg/VxJ3xsm)** and share your submission in the **#on-the-arweave** channel upon completion
- Your GitHub account **must be at least one month old**
- All submissions must include a **brief description** of the application and functionality in the GitHub repo
- If you wish to submit **more than one** submission, you are required to get approval from us before you are eligible to start a 2nd. Submissions are **limited to three** per developer
## **Reward details**
- We are currently offering rewards for up to 500 successful submissions in this hackathon
- The value of ETH and AR to USD will be pegged at the time of transfer, which follows successful submission and provision of recipients’ ETH and AR addresses.
- Only submissions which are judged by the core Arweave team to meet all of the submission criteria will receive the rewards
## **The submission process**
Please note, submissions will only receive a reward if they successfully meet the submission criteria listed above. If you have questions, [holla at us on Discord!](https://discord.gg/VxJ3xsm)
- Hack! Join us our tech Discord if you have any questions!
- Publish your app to [ArweaveApps](https://arweave.net/35IFq9BcIgpSPti9YDYDiaQy4wMfMIKZ25t7hHZrhek). Also, submit a comment to the GitHub issue for the hackathon campaign [here](https://github.com/ArweaveTeam/Bounties/issues/1), containing a link to your app’s repository, and a link to the live, running version of your app on the permaweb. You can generate a permaweb URL for the app by appending the transaction ID to this gateway link: [https://arweave.net/](https://arweave.net/)
- If you wish to submit more than one project, you will not be able to do so via GitCoin. In this case, you can submit an application by posting your build in the GitHub issue and provide a link to the live deployed app. We also recommend pitching your idea for additional submissions on [Discord](https://discord.gg/VxJ3xsm) before starting work.
- If your app meets the reward criteria defined above, we will release the reward!
Remember to join us on our developers’ [Discord server](https://discord.gg/VxJ3xsm) to chat, and get feedback and assistance with building!
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: