Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
Chainstack is multi-cloud, multi-protocol Platform-as-a-Service. It automates DevOps process for public and consortium blockchain development. You can configure and deploy Ethereum, Quorum or MultiChain node using any cloud provider of your choice just with a few clicks.
You can try Chainstack for free [here](https://console.chainstack.com).
## What needs to be done?
Your goal is to create a tutorial for new and existing Chainstack users that outlines the process of launching an application for public Ethereum. On a high level this tutorial should include 3 parts:
1) Deploying and connecting to the node
2) Writing and compiling a DApp
3) Interacting with the smart contract
### General requirements
- 1000-2000 words tutorial with pictures and Markdown formatting
- Incorporated into the VuePress website under the Tutorials section which should come after Guides
- Open-sourced code including Solidity smart contracts
- Has to be working with Chainstack in production
### DApp requirements
Smart contract in this tutorial should be a simplified version of a typical blockchain notarization application with the following functionality:
- Issue academic certificate
- Can be called by particular accounts
- Returns a hash of data (two strings: student name, credential details)
- Stores hashed information on the blockchain
- Verify a certificate
- Can be called by anyone
- Checks if the credential is indeed correct provided a cryptographic certificate and original data
The tutorial has to use [Truffle](https://truffleframework.com) and Solidity for smart contracts.
You can use [this example](https://github.com/CoinCircle/docstamp.it) for the smart contract logic. [Platform documentation](https://docs.chainstack.com) can be used for the reference.