Workers Auto Approve
$5,000 Bounty for Hummingbot (quant/algo trading bot) connector to bitcoin.com (Python Engineer)
***Are you interested in working on and getting experience in developing a quant / algo / high-frequency trading bot for cryptocurrencies?***
[Hummingbot](https://hummingbot.io) has partnered with **bitcoin.com** to create an exchange connector that will allow users to deploy Hummingbot to trade on [exchange.bitcoin.com](https://exchange.bitcoin.com).
The feature request associated with this bounty entails building a new exchange connector to allow Hummingbot to connect to an exchange that is currently not supported.
## Exchange Details
- **Name of exchange**: bitcoin.com
- **Exchange URL**: https://exchange.bitcoin.com
- **Link to API docs**: https://api.exchange.bitcoin.com
- **Type of exchange**: centralized
## Bounty Details
**Total bounty reward**: USDC 5,000
The bounty payout will be paid out according to the recommended development stages:
**Stage** | **Reward** | **Description**
1 | USDC 1,000 | Data source & order book tracker
2 | USDC 1,000 | Active order tracker & user stream tracker (if applicable)
3 | USDC 1,000 | Market connector
4 | USDC 2,000 | Debugging/maintenance USD 333 per month for 6 months following the completion of Stage 3The remaining USDC 2,000 will be paid out monthly subject to the developer addressing uncovered bugs and issues after release of the initial code
## Developer notes
❗Please read this: [**Requirements for community-developed connectors**](https://docs.hummingbot.io/developers/connectors/#requirements-for-community-developed-connectors) ❗
- [Exchange connector developer guide](https://docs.hummingbot.io/developers/connectors/) ***overview of your python experienceyour github urlyour linkedin urlavailability for working on this bountyestimate on timing for completing this bountyany questions you maybe have on the codebase, development process (you can also post questions on the [Hummingbot DevForum](https://forum.hummingbot.io))
2. If approved, you will be allowed to begin initial work.
3. We will provide a deadline for the submission of some initial work/code samples for Stage 1 of the development. Code will be evaluated based on code quality, proficiency, and documentation/commenting.
4. One developer will be awarded the bounty to complete the rest of the work. Developers who completed the initial code sample may be considered for other opportunities with Hummingbot (see below).
## Additional Developer Work
**We are hiring! Come work with our team!**
The developer who successfully completes this bounty will be at at advantage in applying for future bounties and may be considered for longer-term contractor work / career opportunities:
1. **Additional Gitcoin bounties** we will be announcing additional Gitcoin bounties for additional exchange connectors as well as additional new features.
2. **Contractors**: we are open to hiring contractors for ongoing work.
3. **Full time on-site/remote employees**: learn more about career opportunities at Hummingbot:[Backend/Data Python Engineer (on-site, Mountain View, CA)](https://angel.co/company/hummingbot/jobs/352755-backend-data-engineer)[Backend/Data Python Engineer (remote)](https://angel.co/company/hummingbot/jobs/643038-backend-data-python-engineer-remote)
For more information, email us at [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: