Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Follow the orgs you like more with tribes and build relationships and meaningful projects.
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Most people working with Ethereum have questions about ETH2.0. Kevin Owocki hosted some developers working on the project for a recent episode of the…
Sia recently ran the Skynet Hackathon with Gitcoin for Skynet’s launch, leading to over 40 project submissions in a 2 week period. This piece, …
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
## About MakerDAO
[MakerDAO](https://makerdao.com/) is a decentralized organization dedicated to bringing stability to the crypto economy through Dai, the world's first stablecoin on the Ethereum blockchain. Dai is an asset-backed hard currency that addresses the crypto economy’s problems of volatility with a secure and transparent smart contract platform of permissionless loans.
It is easy to lose track of the relative cost, or performance, of a CDP over time when the value of the collateral is constantly changing. Especially when Dai is drawn at various dates in the lifetime of a CDP. How much did that debt actually cost? In Eth? In USD?
Create a website that will allow CDP owners to easily understand their history and gain a deeper insight into the health of their position. The tool should use the MakerDAO [Query API](https://developer.makerdao.com/dai/1/graphql/) as a data source if possible.
The application should include things like:
* Future health projections and trendlines
* Slider to test Liquidation Prices vs Total Collateral
* Ability to see the performance of the CDP since creation
* Show total investment cost in USD for all deposits at time of staking
* Show current margin gain
* Some mechanism that shows what the Ether price needs to be to: break even, earn 10, 20, 25%
* Graphs that show changes in debt over time
* with relative USD value?
* Graphs that show changes in collateral over time
* Graphs that show collateralization ratio over time
* Graphs that show liquidation price over time
* Logs/Graphs for all events in the history of the CDP(draw, lock, wipe, free, etc)
* Allow users to mark a lock as a Margin and use that to calculate margin performance
* Ability to annotate or make notes about events
* Show current PETH price/Price at lock time
All submissions will be judged based on how _sweet_ they are. Bonus points will be awarded to solutions that are also visibly _wicked_ while maximizing _synergy_.
* **3000 Dai**: the grand prize
* **1000 Dai**: 2nd (will be paid outside of gitcoin)
* **500 Dai**: 3rd (will be paid outside of gitcoin)
Gitcoin bounty will be topped up as the deadline approaches.
A non-exhaustive list of addresses, Github repos/documentation, and tools for development in the Maker ecosystem:
* [Getting Started With Maker](https://www.reddit.com/r/MakerDAO/comments/8jsalu/getting_started_with_maker/)
* [Resources and Tools and Contracts](https://source.deco.network/rich/challenge-hacksummit-MakerDAO/src/branch/master/Resources%20and%20Tools.md)
* [MakerDao Articles, Blog Posts and Tutorials](https://www.reddit.com/r/MakerDAO/comments/8k8h51/makerdao_articles_blog_posts_and_tutorials/)
For questions about the challenge please message [@rich.brown](https://chat.makerdao.com/direct/rich.brown) in our chat or feel free to ping the MakerDAO #devs in [chat.makerdao.com/channel/dev](https://chat.makerdao.com/channel/dev).