Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
KERNEL is an 8-week, invite-only program for top tech talent looking to build relationships, products, and companies in blockchain and Web 3. 100 tal…
Heyo Gitcoiners! With an entire city of hackers, coders and blockchain innovators relocated on our platform, the atmosphere is just buzzing with crea…
Type in [[ 2- term.length]] more characters to get results
[[ result.title ]]
[[ result.description | truncate(70) ]]
No matches found
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
## Zokrates Plugin
(subject to change)
- Funded $500
- See https://github.com/ethberlin-hackathon/ETHBerlin-Teambuilding/blob/master/RemixHackathon.md for more info about the Remix hackathon. Please be sure to read it before starting.
- Some infos about Remix: https://remix.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Online version: http://remix.ethereum.org
We've been releasing an API (available in http://remix-alpha.ethereum.org) which allows developing plugin for Remix.
(See https://github.com/ethereum/remix/blob/master/docs/remix_plugin.md and https://github.com/ethereum/remix/blob/master/docs/remix_plugin_api.md)
Checkout https://remix-alpha.ethereum.org / `settings tab / Oraclize` for a live example.
This issue is specifically about developing a `Zokrates Plugin`.
## Proposal for implementation
(You don't need to strictly follow this proposal, we would like to have your feedback)
Zokrates is a toolbox that aims at bringing better privacy and scalability to Ethereum using zkSNARKs.
It enables developers to design programs whose correct execution can be checked on chain, optionally hiding some of the inputs fed into the program.
You can [watch an introduction to the toolbox](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ7tpus_zZ8), see [the code](https://github.com/jacobeberhardt/ZoKrates/tree/develop) and see [an example of ZoKrates program](https://github.com/JacobEberhardt/ZoKrates/blob/develop/zokrates_cli/examples/sudokuchecker.code).
The [develop](https://github.com/jacobeberhardt/ZoKrates/tree/develop) branch will be used to generate the wasm library usable in the browser.
The suggested approach is the following:
- Use the `zokrates-core` crate and check that you can [compile it to wasm](https://www.hellorust.com/setup/wasm-target/)
- The first features to integrate are likely to be `compile` which you can find in `zokrates-code/src/compile.rs`. Feel free to set `resolve_option` to `None` at first, which will disable import statements in ZoKrates code.
- Then move to `compute-witness` which runs the ZoKrates program given inputs
Then we can use the library:
- should listen on *.code file being displayed, run the compilation, display an error if any, or compilation succeed with infos.
- should accept input parameter, and execute the code
Some further tasks:
- Move over to `setup` and `generate-proof` which are the intensive tasks of the pipeline. You can checkout the work done in this issue HarryR/ethsnarks#7
- Write a github resolver to reenable imports, following the example of `zokrates_fs_resolver`
We are the team behind Remix IDE and related libraries, using this hackathon as a kickstart for the Remix API.
We've setup an extended team for helping you during this event
- Remix team - @ninabreznik @serapath @ryestew @yann300 @iurimatias
- Go team - @ligi @holiman
- Solidity team - @leonardoalt @chriseth
- C++, ewasm - @chfast @axic
Beside normal funding, we will at the end of the event select 4 teams that will receive sponsorship from the Ethereum Foundation.
Be sure to contact us at any time online or grab us directly at the event.
## Skills wanted
We will be around giving advice and helping if needed.
And in any case just drop your thoughts there ;)
## How to get started:
- Clone https://github.com/yann300/remix-plugin , go to `src` folder
- Serve the folder through local web server
- Go to remix-alpha.ethereum.org
- Settings tab / Plugin section
- Input Description:
- Load and Start using it.