Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
## Vyper Plugin
(subject to change)
- Funded $500
- See https://github.com/ethberlin-hackathon/ETHBerlin-Teambuilding/blob/master/RemixHackathon.md for more info about the Remix hackathon. Please be sure to read it before starting.
- Some infos about Remix: https://remix.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Online version: http://remix.ethereum.org
We've been releasing an API (available in http://remix-alpha.ethereum.org) which allows developing plugin for Remix.
(See https://github.com/ethereum/remix/blob/master/docs/remix_plugin.md and https://github.com/ethereum/remix/blob/master/docs/remix_plugin_api.md)
Checkout https://remix-alpha.ethereum.org / `settings tab / Oraclize` for a live example.
This issue is specifically about developing a `Vyper Plugin`.
Basically the plugin should be able to compile Vyper code, show errors and warnings, and use the generated bytecode in creation transactions (from the run tab).
## Proposal for implementation
(You don't need to strictly follow this proposal, we would like to have your feedback)
- Put Vyper binaries in remixd (should be package in the NPM module).
- Refactor websocket.js to allow starting / listening on other ports.
- Add a Vyper Service. This service will listen on a different port.
- the Vyper Service should be compliant to the standard JSON IO https://solidity.readthedocs.io/en/v0.4.24/using-the-compiler.html#compiler-input-and-output-json-description (This is the std already used by Solidity. So it makes the Remix integration easier).
- Plugin development: the plugin should have the same interface as the event trigerred by https://github.com/ethereum/remix/blob/master/remix-solidity/src/compiler/compiler.js#L18
- The UI should display the basic information of the normal compile tab (if possible following the same style).
also the compiler should be configurable (if possible) from the plugin interface
- Then the next step is to connect the plugin to the run tab (in order to deploy contract compiled with the Vyper).
We are the team behind Remix IDE and related libraries, using this hackathon as a kickstart for the Remix API.
We've setup an extended team for helping you during this event
- Remix team - @ninabreznik @serapath @ryestew @yann300 @iurimatias
- Go team - @ligi @holiman
- Solidity team - @leonardoalt @chriseth
- C++, ewasm - @chfast @axic
Beside normal funding, we will at the end of the event select 4 teams that will receive sponsorship from the Ethereum Foundation.
Be sure to contact us at any time online or grab us directly at the event.
## Skills wanted
We will be around giving advice and helping if needed.
And in any case just drop your thoughts there ;)
## How to get started:
- Clone https://github.com/yann300/remix-plugin , go to `src` folder
- Serve the folder through local web server
- Go to remix-alpha.ethereum.org
- Settings tab / Plugin section
- Input Description:
- Load and Start using it.