Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Hello, Gitcoiners & Gitcoinerettes! It’s happening again – happy blockchain times are coming to San Francisco 🎉, as the San Francisco…
Heya Gitcoiners & Gitcoinerettes! They say that July is the warmest month of the year (location depending), and we’re definitely getting ready fo…
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
The DAOstack platform is a stack built from the best infrastructure and toolset to create Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) and Collaborative Dapps.
We believe the potential for DAOs and decentralized collaboration, in general, will be one the backbone for countless developments in the way people work and collaborate.
We're thrilled to announce this bounty for the team creating the best DAO/ Dapp using the DAOstack platform.
### The Judgement Criteria:
1. Quality of execution - ideas are nice, but the more important thing is to have a working PoC for your project. We recommend to stay realistic and lean with the execution.
2. Idea viability - The idea should be viable to develop and use and should have a concrete real use case. Note that even though creativity would be appreciated we won't judge by the uniqueness of an idea rather than its quality and usefulness.
3. DAO Architecture - We will pay attention to the way you structure your DAO/ Dapp. We recommend following the architecture detailed [here](https://github.com/daostack/DAOstack-Hackers-Kit#arc). Using reputation based voting is mostly better than a token based voting. We encourage the use of the Holographic Consensus protocol to enhance the decision-making capacity of an organization (where fits).
Winning team will receive 1500$ USD worth of GEN.
Here are a few ideas for what you can build on the DAOstack platform:
- On-Chain Upgradable Smart Contracts Libray -Upgradeability is one of the most interesting challenges of decentralized systems. The currently popular approach is to employ the concept of Proxy contracts to make changes to the contract without changing its address or storage. The problem is that upgradeable proxies are a great risk to decentralization. If one has the power to upgrade it means he can force dishonest changes which might be a risk to the contract users. A DAO for managing those changes can make the upgrading process much more decentralized and secure by making sure only the collective decision of the majority of the community can change the code of a contract (more correctly the address the Proxy is using as its library).
- Open Source Project Management - Open sourced projects are mostly operated with a "closed source" management, meaning only a small group (or even one person) makes all decision. Decisions might be for example: what code will be accepted, which new features should be developed, how funds will be managed etc. We believe a better way to manage open source projects could be by using a DAO which will consist of the contributors and users of a project and will take all decisions in a decentralized manner. This will give a more fair and accurate decision making and funds (often from donations) management process for the project.
You can find all resources at the [DAOstack Hackers Kit Repo](https://github.com/daostack/DAOstack-Hackers-Kit).
If you have any questions you can reach our team via this Discord channel (https://discord.gg/rM4kJA) or come say hi at our booth on the second floor!
### Continue building with DAOstack
All teams submitting a project will have the opportunity to continue applying for bounties through the [Genesis DAO](https://alchemy.daostack.io).