Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
## What is wrong?
The library currently uses type hints, however they may be able to be tightened up.
In addition, [PEP561](https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0561/) allows us to expose type hints from this library to other libraries which use it.
## Definition of done?
* Update `mypy` to the latest stable released version.
* Update the `mypy` run in CI to the following.
mypy --follow-imports=silent --warn-unused-ignores --ignore-missing-imports --no-strict-optional --check-untyped-defs --disallow-incomplete-defs --disallow-untyped-defs --disallow-any-generics -p eth_keys`
* Usage of `type: ignore` (silencing the type checker) is minimized and there's a reasonable explanation for its usage
* Update the `setup.py` to expose this data to other libraries as was done here: https://github.com/ethereum/eth-typing/pull/10
### Stretch goals
When this issue is done, stretch goals can be applied (and individually get funded) to tighten type support to qualify:
1. `mypy --strict --follow-imports=silent --ignore-missing-imports --no-strict-optional -p eth_keys`
Do what was done in https://github.com/ethereum/eth-typing/pull/10 to allow this data to be exposed when this library is installed as a package.