Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
Update Web3.py to accept length=20 `bytes` values as an ABI address. This will be the only format for addresses that Web3.py accepts without a *checksum*.
- The `pythonic_middleware` and `abi_middleware` will need to be updated to handle this.
- The code used for contract parameter validation will need to be updated.
- The code related to filters may need to be changed too.
- Tests need to be written for contract and base API (`web3.eth.getBalance`, etc) use cases.
- Documentation needs to be updated to indicate that raw bytes addresses are accepted.
also see #883
The implementation should aim to be as simple as possible, potentially normalizing to a common address format using a middleware or something rather than adjusting every API to support this new format. Use your discretion on whether this is the right approach.