Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
KERNEL is an 8-week, invite-only program for top tech talent looking to build relationships, products, and companies in blockchain and Web 3. 100 tal…
Heyo Gitcoiners! With an entire city of hackers, coders and blockchain innovators relocated on our platform, the atmosphere is just buzzing with crea…
Type in [[ 2- term.length]] more characters to get results
[[ result.title ]]
[[ result.description | truncate(70) ]]
No matches found
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
### Hi ETH SF Hackers!
**Shyft** is undertaking an ambitious plan to build a global trust protocol for the
secure sharing and transfer of attested data to the benefit of global consumers and institutions.
### **Shyft API Challenge Overview**
We are offering 1 prize for the team that builds the best solution using Shyft’s open source REST-based “block explorer” API.
**-Shyft API -**
For queries on the Ethereum Block Explorer, individuals and enterprises need to use a centralized block explorer or running a full node in order to validate and being absolutely sure they are looking at the correct chain -- which is no trivial task when we're talking about decentralized trustless transactions!
What we’ve done at Shyft is implementing a next-generation decentralization process between all participants in the network; For every single node, we’ve added an option to become a block explorer. With this, the limitations you’ll have for using plain Ethereum (not being able to make promises for uptime for wallet users, for example) disappear.
Further, with a private network (or coalition thereof) setup, our system can vastly accelerate query speed, by using a shadowed PSQL database that is able to process and return generic SQL query results at best-of-class speeds, measured in traditional terms.
We've set up a very cool team for helping you:
Chris (Shyft), Aidan & Greg (Chainsafe)
You'll be able to grab them directly at the event.
**And you can always just drop your questions in the Shyft Dev Slack #ETH SF ;)**
### ****Skills Level****
### **Get Started**
Available Resources: https://shyftnetwork.github.io/go-empyrean/#introduction
### **Submission Guidelines**
**For the team with the best usage of the Shyft protocol’s REST interface to the shadowed PSQL database “Block Explorer” API, by way of generic SQL query with UI connectivity.**
- An example of what we would consider an optimal integration for this prize would include things like WebSocket panels or improved data visualization, to allow for more optimal query procedures.
- Connectivity to existing SQL query designers is also useful.
### **Acceptance Criteria**
1. **Completeness;** Build and test thoroughly. The product/framework build should solid enough that your own code can be written and tested, and allow others to do the same.
2. **Optimization;** As the core of the features of the Shyft development toolkit are based on optimizing existing processes using Ethereum as the foundation, any improvements on Shyft’s blockchain should be engineered to be as efficient as possible. Caching and proper memory management are useful, as are techniques to help optimize SQL queries for end-users.
3. **Presentation;** A compelling interface is the next best thing to having someone holding your hand through the process. As the challenges have a UI/UX component, please try to be kind to those that will utilize the results of your efforts globally, and create a user interface experience that minimizes delays and provides comprehensive information.
Shyft Network will award 14 ETH to the winning team!
**THE SHYFT TEAM IS EXCITED TO MEET YOU! #shyftup #shyftnetwork**