Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
In partnership with Protocol Labs, we’re excited to welcome builders from everywhere to APOLLO, your mission control to engage with the builder…
We’re excited to publically announce that Matic Network is partnering with Gitcoin to launch the Build-n-Earn Program – assisting dApps t…
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
# Build a dApp with The Graph
Hello ETH San Francisco Hackers! Do you need to get data from the Ethereum blockchain for your web or mobile dApp? Do you love using modern libraries like React and Apollo? Do you like your APIs served via GraphQL endpoints? Try out some new tech at ETHSanFrancisco and use The Graph for a chance to win $5,000 in ETH!
## Qualification Guidelines
Follow these steps to be eligible for our Bounty:
1. **Join our [Discord](https://discordapp.com/invite/vtvv7FP)** - This will be your first stop for engaging with the team. Post in the #hackathon channel and let us know what you’re working on. We’ll touch base to make sure you have a viable plan for using The Graph in your awesome project.
2. **Get a [Subgraph](https://github.com/graphprotocol/graph-node/blob/master/docs/getting-started.md#3-defining-your-subgraph) ID or run Graph Node locally** - We’re going to be running some Graph Nodes and Fullnodes so you don’t have to waste time setting up infrastructure. Once you post in the Discord channel, one of our team members will get in touch with a Subgraph ID that you can use at the hackathon and up to 3 months afterwards. For instructions on how to run the Graph Node locally check [this guide](https://github.com/graphprotocol/graph-node/blob/master/docs/getting-started.md).
3. **Create a Subgraph** - Use [this example](https://github.com/graphprotocol/adchain-subgraph) to see how to create a Subgraph. Your subgraph will ingest data from an Ethereum smart contract and make it available for querying over GraphQL.
4. **Use the GraphQL API** - Use the generated GraphQL API for building your frontend. There are many ways to use GraphQL but we suggest React + Apollo. We provided [the starter app](https://github.com/graphprotocol/hackathon-react-apollo-app) if you need it.
5. **Ship** - That’s what this hackathon is all about. Play with some cool tech and put your brain child into the wild!
- [The Graph Node](https://github.com/graphprotocol/graph-node)
- [Detailed Getting Started guide](https://github.com/graphprotocol/graph-node/blob/master/docs/getting-started.md)
- [The Graph CLI](https://github.com/graphprotocol/graph-cli)
- [Decentraland Subgraph](https://github.com/graphprotocol/adchain-subgraph) - Example subgraph project for querying Decentraland
We’ll have engineers walking around to help teams if they get stuck. Ping us on Discord or look out for these trendy shirts.
### Judging Criteria
The Graph team will look for the following when assessing your projects:
- Creativity of the idea
- Potential utility of the dApp
- Completeness of the implementation, technical difficulty and code quality
- First prize: $3,500
- Second prize: $1,500