Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Follow the orgs you like more with tribes and build relationships and meaningful projects.
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Most people working with Ethereum have questions about ETH2.0. Kevin Owocki hosted some developers working on the project for a recent episode of the…
Sia recently ran the Skynet Hackathon with Gitcoin for Skynet’s launch, leading to over 40 project submissions in a 2 week period. This piece, …
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
We provide [hardware recommendations](https://docs.securedrop.org/en/stable/hardware.html#specific-hardware-recommendations) in our docs. There are a couple of problems with the current docs, plus likely more nor yet identified:
- The recommended Gigabyte BRIX (BXi5-5575) is out of stock with most retailers.
- The Intel NUC5i5MYHE is also starting to get long in the tooth; the most current models are 8th gen.
- We don't yet provide a 1U recommendation that would make sense for some larger news organizations with standard server management and procurement practices.
We should carefully review and update these recommendations. This breaks down into a few sub-tasks, e.g.:
- [x] Test 7th generation NUC and attempt to remediate any issues, e.g., with our grsec kernel
- [x] Add warning regarding latest generation Mac Minis (which don't work with Ubuntu without major effort)
- [x] Remove Gigabyte BRIX from recommendations. There's no compelling reason to continue to recommend this model as we already have a small form factor recommendation.
- [ ] Update docs to 7th generation NUCs as our standard recommendation
- [ ] Update docs to include instructions for disabling wireless in the BIOS
- [ ] Procure any desired 1U models to test against, in addition to the ones we already use during QA
- [ ] Based on common hardware choices, internal testing and product lifecycle, add a 1U recommendation