Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
We provide [hardware recommendations](https://docs.securedrop.org/en/stable/hardware.html#specific-hardware-recommendations) in our docs. There are a couple of problems with the current docs, plus likely more nor yet identified:
- The recommended Gigabyte BRIX (BXi5-5575) is out of stock with most retailers.
- The Intel NUC5i5MYHE is also starting to get long in the tooth; the most current models are 8th gen.
- We don't yet provide a 1U recommendation that would make sense for some larger news organizations with standard server management and procurement practices.
We should carefully review and update these recommendations. This breaks down into a few sub-tasks, e.g.:
- [x] Test 7th generation NUC and attempt to remediate any issues, e.g., with our grsec kernel
- [x] Add warning regarding latest generation Mac Minis (which don't work with Ubuntu without major effort)
- [x] Remove Gigabyte BRIX from recommendations. There's no compelling reason to continue to recommend this model as we already have a small form factor recommendation.
- [ ] Update docs to 7th generation NUCs as our standard recommendation
- [ ] Update docs to include instructions for disabling wireless in the BIOS
- [ ] Procure any desired 1U models to test against, in addition to the ones we already use during QA
- [ ] Based on common hardware choices, internal testing and product lifecycle, add a 1U recommendation