Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
There are some great projects in the ecosystem, that already have a spec and someone excited about working on them... But just need a little bit of recurring financial support.
We would like for you, bounty hunter, to build Dev Grants. Dev Grants == Recurring CrowdFunded Financial Support.
It is expected that
* muitilple funders can fund a grant
* the funds are held in a trustless way
* fundee can withdraw funds at a specified interval
* funds can be denominated in ETH or ERC20 tokens.
* funders can clawback their deposit, just like at staketree.
Here is what it'll look like from a product perspective:
* `/grants` -- a landing page that describes the grant initiative
* `/grants/explorer` - an index of all of the grants
* `/grants/new` the ability to create a new grant
# Attributes of a Grant
* `reference_url` -- usually a github repo, the home of the project online
* `Stakeholders` - a list of people ( eth address, name, role, url) involved in the project
* `Current_funding` -- the amount that the grant is currently funded
* `Goal_funding` - the desired amount that the grant is currently funded
For inspiration on what this product could look like, please see https://staketree.com/
# Email Reminders
Email reminders will be sent to the fundee 12 hours after they can withdraw.
Here are the designs for the above pages. They are already coded at https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/pull/674
There will be two persistence layers in this feature.
* the postgres DB, backed by the Django ORM.
* the smart contract layer, backed by Ethereum and the Staketree contracts: https://github.com/StakeTree/contracts
You will have to implement a bridge between the two layers. For inspiration, please checkout the
* [sync_geth management command](https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/blob/master/app/dashboard/management/commands/sync_geth.py)
* [sync/web3 url route](https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/blob/master/app/app/urls.py#L153)
Please note that the eventual plan is to migrate this product to ERC 948 - Subscriptions ( https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/948 ) , but that will not happen until 948 has a solidified spec. You will not be expected to implement this within the scope of this bounty, but your architecture plan should account for this eventuality.
This is a bounty to stitch together the
* implemented frontend
* the implemented backedn
* the staketree contracts at https://github.com/StakeTree/contracts
into a workable MVP for dev grants.
## Gitcoin Support for Bounty Hunter
We will be available to support you via the Gitcoin Slack and also an optional weekly 1/2 hour call.
## Applicant Criteria
I will be approving applicants for this bounty via the Gitcoin interface. Please only apply if you have the cycles (and ability) to turn this around in the next month.
I am listing this as a cooperative bounty. Depending upon the skillsets of those who apply, we may approve one bounty hunter to do it all, or we may approve multiple bounty hunters with complimentary skillsets and you will be expected to work well together and split the pot.
We will be accepting applications for the next several days (6/19 to 6/24). I will be reviewing applicants on Monday 6/25