Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
In partnership with Protocol Labs, we’re excited to welcome builders from everywhere to APOLLO, your mission control to engage with the builder…
We’re excited to publically announce that Matic Network is partnering with Gitcoin to launch the Build-n-Earn Program – assisting dApps t…
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
### User Story
As a new user, I want it to be explicit on the homepage where I click to to get started as a contributor or funder.
### Why Is this Needed
It should be made more clear where a new funder or new contributor "begins" their journey. This tidies up our FTUX into two available funnels (contributor or funder) that is easy to see on the homepage.
### Current Behavior
1. One method is to simply "Log In" and directly connect their Github account.
2. For contributors, they can click on the "Get Started with Gitcoin" link.
3. For funders, there is no CTA or link on the current homepage to the onboarding flow: https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/issues/2282
Both funder and contributor onboarding flows should have an explicit and obvious CTA on the homepage.
For mobile views, a carousel with the CTAs should be used in order to save on screen space. The carousel should have white "placement" dots at the bottom and also left or right arrow options for the user to switch from CTA to CTA (e.g like on www.rideapart.com). The switch rate should be around 5-7 seconds long.
### Definition of Done
- [ ] Design an intuitive CTA on the homepage that makes it clear where new contributors go to sign up and subsequently enter the onboarding flow.
- [ ] for smaller screens and mobile, build the CTAs as viewed on larger screens into a rotating carousel so it doesn't suck up the mobile screen.
The contributor CTA should link to: https://gitcoin.co/onboard/contributor/
The funder counterpart to this ticket is here: https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/issues/2282