Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
As of now, a funder can come reserve a bounty for a user `X` while creating a bounty `/new`.
The created bounty is reserved for `X` for upto 72 hours during which only he can start work on it.
After that -> the issue is no longer reserved and is open to everyone to work on.
PR where it was built out: https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/pull/2950
- Right now, a reserved issue pops up into the `/explorer` for everyone even though they cannot start work on it.
- We have a simple check to determine if a reserved issue is [open](https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/blob/72638e148b87854c648e120e3e6e05c42fcd6dbc/app/assets/v2/js/pages/bounty_details.js#L431-L445) to the public, this means even after 72 hours expire -> we maintain who the issue was reserved for.
If the grant owner edits the issue details -> the checks kick in and the issue is reserved again (which should not happen )
- There are instances where the funder may want the reserved issue to go beyond 72 hours (3 days) and that doesn't happen at the moment.
##### PR should Fix
- Introduce input on the same row as reserved for in `/new` which asks
`Release to the public after` X with drop down with options `after 3 days, after a week, keep reserved` which map to corresponding hours
- Introduce a new state -> reserved.
- Any bounty created which is reserved for a user -> would be in this newly created state
- If the reserved bounty is started by user -> issue would transition to `Work Started`
- If the bounty is no longer reserved (aka reserved time elapses) remove the reserved for User from db & transition issue to `Open State`
- Add new state to the filter on the `explorer` to enable logged in user to see bounties reserved for them
- ensure reserved bounty appears on `explorer` only to the users who have an active reservation
- provide and button on the issue detail to force release the issue if needed. (Aka update dp to remove the reservedFor Data )
Discussions : https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/issues/3502
This task would undergo PR reviews and feedback would have to be worked upon