Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
KERNEL is an 8-week, invite-only program for top tech talent looking to build relationships, products, and companies in blockchain and Web 3. 100 tal…
Heyo Gitcoiners! With an entire city of hackers, coders and blockchain innovators relocated on our platform, the atmosphere is just buzzing with crea…
Type in [[ 2- term.length]] more characters to get results
[[ result.title ]]
[[ result.description | truncate(70) ]]
No matches found
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
As of now, a funder can come reserve a bounty for a user `X` while creating a bounty `/new`.
The created bounty is reserved for `X` for upto 72 hours during which only he can start work on it.
After that -> the issue is no longer reserved and is open to everyone to work on.
PR where it was built out: https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/pull/2950
- Right now, a reserved issue pops up into the `/explorer` for everyone even though they cannot start work on it.
- We have a simple check to determine if a reserved issue is [open](https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/blob/72638e148b87854c648e120e3e6e05c42fcd6dbc/app/assets/v2/js/pages/bounty_details.js#L431-L445) to the public, this means even after 72 hours expire -> we maintain who the issue was reserved for.
If the grant owner edits the issue details -> the checks kick in and the issue is reserved again (which should not happen )
- There are instances where the funder may want the reserved issue to go beyond 72 hours (3 days) and that doesn't happen at the moment.
##### PR should Fix
- Introduce input on the same row as reserved for in `/new` which asks
`Release to the public after` X with drop down with options `after 3 days, after a week, keep reserved` which map to corresponding hours
- Introduce a new state -> reserved.
- Any bounty created which is reserved for a user -> would be in this newly created state
- If the reserved bounty is started by user -> issue would transition to `Work Started`
- If the bounty is no longer reserved (aka reserved time elapses) remove the reserved for User from db & transition issue to `Open State`
- Add new state to the filter on the `explorer` to enable logged in user to see bounties reserved for them
- ensure reserved bounty appears on `explorer` only to the users who have an active reservation
- provide and button on the issue detail to force release the issue if needed. (Aka update dp to remove the reservedFor Data )
Discussions : https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/issues/3502
This task would undergo PR reviews and feedback would have to be worked upon