Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Hello, Gitcoiners & Gitcoinerettes! It’s happening again – happy blockchain times are coming to San Francisco 🎉, as the San Francisco…
Heya Gitcoiners & Gitcoinerettes! They say that July is the warmest month of the year (location depending), and we’re definitely getting ready fo…
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
### Outstanding Questions / Strategy
btw the fees involves 3 steps
1. enabling Gitcoin to support multiple contracts (Aditya)
2. getting the new contract
3. wiring it up (Aditya)
@frankchen07 to confirm strategic discussion.
### User Story
[comment]: # (As a , I want to so that .)
As a founder, I'd like to fork StandardBoutnies and add revenue features, so I can make $$ , so I can sustain Gitcoin
### Why Is this Needed
[comment]: # (Describe the problem and why this task is needed. Provide description of the current state, what you would like to happen, and what actually happen)
Integrating Platform fees into Standard Bounties allows us to make revenue.
[comment]: # (Feature or Bug? i.e Type: Bug)
### Current Behavior
[comment]: # (Describe what actually happened.)
No Premium Features available on Gitcoin
### Expected Behavior
[comment]: # (Describe what you expected to happen.)
When a user posts a bounty, depending upon their configuration, they will have
- Pay Gitcoin a 10% fee (this fee percentage should be configurable)
- If they are a subscriber, pay Gitcoin no Fee.
- If they are posting a bounty that is for a private repo, pay Gitcoin a fee. (fee amount should be configurable) - if lean test plays out (oracle setup will be needed to check on private repo status).
- If they are posting a featured bounty, pay Gitcoin a fee. (fee amount should be configurable)
The user should only have to submit ONE tx to metamask in order to pay these fee amounts.
- Update Standardbounties to support new fee architecture
- Update Standardbounties tests to support new fee architecture
- Throughout the frontend/backend, we will have to support *n* standard bounties smart contracts, instead of just the 1 we support now.
### Definition of Done
[comment]: # (Any other information that would be useful, bullets are helpful.)
### Additional Information