Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Follow the orgs you like more with tribes and build relationships and meaningful projects.
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Most people working with Ethereum have questions about ETH2.0. Kevin Owocki hosted some developers working on the project for a recent episode of the…
Sia recently ran the Skynet Hackathon with Gitcoin for Skynet’s launch, leading to over 40 project submissions in a 2 week period. This piece, …
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
### User Story
[comment]: # (As a , I want to so that .)
As a Gitcoin user, I want to get paid to invite my friends to work on Gitcoin, so that I can get paid for referring people to bounties. Gitcoin pays $5 for each referral made.
### Why Is this Needed
This is needed to get more well-qualified hunters to the platform for issues which aren't being solved.
[comment]: # (Describe the problem and why this task is needed. Provide description of the current state, what you would like to happen, and what actually happen)
[comment]: # (Feature or Bug? i.e Type: Bug)
### Current Behavior
[comment]: # (Describe what actually happened.)
I'd like to quantify: a) how many issues aren't being solved (i.e. are currently 'Open' with 0 applicants for 7+ days) and b) see if it's worth reducing this number.
Anecdotally (i.e. by scrolling through the Explorer), it seems like most bounties do still end up with at least one applicant.
### Expected Behavior
[comment]: # (Describe what you expected to happen.)
Within 3 months, referral brings in 100 Gitcoin users monthly each with $10 in LTV.
### Definition of Done
[comment]: # (Any other information that would be useful, bullets are helpful.)
- Each Gitcoin profile has a unique referral link to refer friends to their bounty
- This link is visible whenever the user travels to a Gitcoin issue
- If a new Gitcoin user creates a profile after coming to Gitcoin via a referral link, this is tracked.
- If a new Gitcoin user completes a bounty, a kudos or $5 referral bonus is attributed to the referring Gitcoin hunter.
- [ ] Add people search type down on front-end
- [ ] Ensure that the search returns and is working properly.
- [ ] Review with @SaptakS and Green squad team
- tracking DoD, issues that move into or out of "open" status
- Number and rate of new referrals from referral links
- DAU / MAU trends in the positive direction