Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Follow the orgs you like more with tribes and build relationships and meaningful projects.
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Most people working with Ethereum have questions about ETH2.0. Kevin Owocki hosted some developers working on the project for a recent episode of the…
Sia recently ran the Skynet Hackathon with Gitcoin for Skynet’s launch, leading to over 40 project submissions in a 2 week period. This piece, …
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
### User Story
Mailchimp API and DNS migration for campaign drip emails.
### Why Is this Needed
Dean Ramadan has email drip campaigns ready in the Consensys Mailchimp account. However, our current email list exists in the Gitcoin (free) Mailchimp account.
Discussion between Octavio, Alisa & Frank:
Right now, our email drip campaigns are ready in the Consensys Mailchimp account, but we need to switch over the connectors from Gitcoin's free Mailchimp account to Consensys, create audience buckets, and then do a data migration to classify our current email list based on actions. Only then will we have:
1. our current cohorted email list so Dean can start the email campaigns
2. existing hookups so any further / new email signups will be redirected to the Consensys Mailchimp account
Then, the steps are:
1. create 3 audiences (funder/contributor, by action or by designation - designation needs to be built) in the consensys mailchimp account, potentially with 3 audiences (all users, people who haven't done anything) <- alisa is handling this
2. add the right links to the gitcoin.co site / email input forms to link to the 3 cohort/audience groups
3. where and what is sumo? (popup for email subscription) redirect to consensys mailchimp
a. do we need to split sumo traffic?
b. what is "upscribe"? do we need to split it by traffic?
4. the api in the gitcoin mailchimp depends on the deploy, we can't make exports until we stop sending people to the gitcoin mailchimp - the point is to redirect all gitcoin mailchimp sources to the consensys mailchimps, THEN export the old mailchimp to ensure we're not missing new accounts being created (this ticket)
5. also, we can't forget about the dns configuration
https://mailchimp.com/help/set-up-custom-domain-authentication-dkim-and-spf/?_ga=2.182003623.1841198598.1558721430-1446942340.1558015260&_gac=1.188758361.1558105333.Cj0KCQjwt_nmBRD0ARIsAJYs6o2nYa9uHjrsBKvY476HiurhH6nVaT8sMzDT-6_ZtRIVtqoI_jPbef0aAsusEALw_wcB#verify+domain+and+copy+records (also this ticket)
6. data migration of our current gitcoin mailchimp users cross referenced with our data to segment them and cohort them in the correct bucket (https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/issues/4506)
### Current Behavior
- api and dns have not yet been switched over
- audience cohorts have not yet been created
- current emails have not yet been cohorted
### Expected Behavior
- api and dns switched over to consensys mailchimp
- audience cohorts created
- current emails cohorted, loaded, and ready for drip campaigns
### Definition of Done
- [ ] api migration
- [ ] dns migration
### Data Measurements
Increased top of funnel contributors and funders
Decreased amount of engineering support required for email campaigns
Enable testing on email campaigns (activation/retention)
All funders or contributors that receive Mailchimp email drips or experiments