Workers Auto Approve
Mailchimp API and DNS migration for campaign drip emails
### User Story
Mailchimp API and DNS migration for campaign drip emails.
### Why Is this Needed
Dean Ramadan has email drip campaigns ready in the Consensys Mailchimp account. However, our current email list exists in the Gitcoin (free) Mailchimp account.
Discussion between Octavio, Alisa & Frank:
Right now, our email drip campaigns are ready in the Consensys Mailchimp account, but we need to switch over the connectors from Gitcoin's free Mailchimp account to Consensys, create audience buckets, and then do a data migration to classify our current email list based on actions. Only then will we have:
1. our current cohorted email list so Dean can start the email campaigns
2. existing hookups so any further / new email signups will be redirected to the Consensys Mailchimp account
Then, the steps are:
1. create 3 audiences (funder/contributor, by action or by designation - designation needs to be built) in the consensys mailchimp account, potentially with 3 audiences (all users, people who haven't done anything) <- alisa is handling this
2. add the right links to the gitcoin.co site / email input forms to link to the 3 cohort/audience groups
3. where and what is sumo? (popup for email subscription) redirect to consensys mailchimp
a. do we need to split sumo traffic?
b. what is "upscribe"? do we need to split it by traffic?
4. the api in the gitcoin mailchimp depends on the deploy, we can't make exports until we stop sending people to the gitcoin mailchimp - the point is to redirect all gitcoin mailchimp sources to the consensys mailchimps, THEN export the old mailchimp to ensure we're not missing new accounts being created (this ticket)
5. also, we can't forget about the dns configuration
https://mailchimp.com/help/set-up-custom-domain-authentication-dkim-and-spf/?_ga=2.182003623.1841198598.1558721430-1446942340.1558015260&_gac=1.188758361.1558105333.Cj0KCQjwt_nmBRD0ARIsAJYs6o2nYa9uHjrsBKvY476HiurhH6nVaT8sMzDT-6_ZtRIVtqoI_jPbef0aAsusEALw_wcB#verify+domain+and+copy+records (also this ticket)
6. data migration of our current gitcoin mailchimp users cross referenced with our data to segment them and cohort them in the correct bucket (https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/issues/4506)
### Current Behavior
- api and dns have not yet been switched over
- audience cohorts have not yet been created
- current emails have not yet been cohorted
### Expected Behavior
- api and dns switched over to consensys mailchimp
- audience cohorts created
- current emails cohorted, loaded, and ready for drip campaigns
### Definition of Done
- [ ] api migration
- [ ] dns migration
### Data Measurements
Increased top of funnel contributors and funders
Decreased amount of engineering support required for email campaigns
Enable testing on email campaigns (activation/retention)
All funders or contributors that receive Mailchimp email drips or experiments
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: