Workers Auto Approve
Gitcoin.co Security Bounty
# Gitcoin Security Bounty Program
Gitcoin is an open-source marketplace with our code available for inspection and research. If you discover a severe bug affecting the privacy, data, or security of our users we ask that you disclose responsibly and privately. For security related vulnerabilities we reward researchers for private and professional disclosure.
Non-security issues (style issues, gas optimizations) are not eligible for this bounty.
Participating in our security bounty program requires you to follow our guidelines. Responsible investigation and reporting includes, but not limited to the following:
- Don't download, modify, or destroy other users' data.
- Don't cause a denial-of-service on our platform through exploits, vulnerabilities, traffic, or causing issues with our technology providers.
- Don't repeatedly request updates on your reports. Gitcoin is a small team and constant requests for updates can render your report ineligible. Allow us up to 7 days to respond to your emails.
- Do only use your own account to test issues in production. You can also download our open source code and run your own instance to research and test for vulnerabilities.
- Social engineering attacks, DDOS, physical access, spearfishing, etc. are not eligible.
- Payouts will be made to the first individuals who submit a report.
The Gitcoin team has the final say in all determinations of bounty payouts including severity, classification, amount, whether the report falls under our guidelines, etc.
Vulnerabilities should be disclosed directly to the Gitcoin team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - reports should not be made publically or to any third party. These communications must remain confidential to be eligible.
Threats, ransom demands, unprofessional language, etc. of any kind will automatically disqualify you from participating in the program.
The only domain eligible for the bounty program is https://gitcoin.co - no subdomains, related services, etc. are within the scope of the program.
Vulnerabilities found in support services (ex: Slack, Wordpress, etc.) are not eligible.
## Vulnerability Scope
Any significant vulnerability may be eligible for an award provided it follows the guidelines set in this document.
Some examples of eligible issues are:
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Code Executions
- SQL Injection
- Server Side Request Forgery (SSRF)
- Privilege Escalations
- Authentication Bypasses
- Data Leaks
Some examples of ineligible issues are:
- Rate Limiting
- Stack Traces
- Man in the Middle (MiTM) Attacks
- Denial of Service Attacks
- Cache Poisoning
- Missing DNS Records
- Brute Force Attacks
- Vulnerabilities in third party services or third party platforms
- Vulnerabilities in past versions of the software
- Vulnerabilities affecting outdated browsers or operating systems
Eligible Reports must contain enough information and a proof of concept code or screenshots. After a report is made and confirmed, efforts will be made to fix the issue. Researchers agree to assist in the testing of the fixes.
Vulnerability severity is judged by the [OWASP model](https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Risk_Rating_Methodology)
![OWASP evaluation chart](https://gitcoincontent.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/owasp.png)
Payouts will be awarded in ETH and converted from USD at the time of payout - please include your Ethereum address and Gitcoin username when submitting a report:
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: