Workers Auto Approve
As a Gitcoin operator, having complete admin_org_override_names in our DB would give much more granular sponsor statistics
### User Story
As a Gitcoin operator, having complete admin_org_override_names in our DB would give much more granular sponsor statistics.
### Why Is this Needed
1. for complete reporting for sponsors (this was manually done with Consensys Labs reporting)
2. `admin_override_org_name` is sometimes filled out, sometimes not, for different sponsors. This means for sponsor prizes, sometimes it's null/blank, sometimes it's not, so filtering by org or getting accurate sponsor statistics isn't possible
Frank has currently filled this out manually for every hackathon before the web3 hackathon using manual values in his SQL queries, manually filling in the manual override name. (no reason why the manual override name column was chosen, it could've easily been funding organization as well).
1. funding org field is a custom text field, so they can enter anything they want, doesn’t have to match github, so as an example, MetaMask and metamask will show as two different sponsors
2. admin override is also manual, but takes precedence over funding org field
3. both can be missing, which creates alot of work downstream when someone has to manually fill them in.
### Current Behavior
manual matching behavior
### Expected Behavior
automatically fill in (either a sponsor requirement or detected somehow by github url), perhaps automatically fill in funding organization github if none is given from the API, and only use the override name if one is given, ensuring that the override name is also standard, like the funding organization name
### Definition of Done
- [ ] non-null admin override org names in our db for hackathons (usually the gitcoin org name, verbatim, caps sensitive)
- [ ] standardized names, not "consensys labs' for one, and "ConsensysLabs" for another
### Additional Information
please reach out to @frankchen07 for specific details on how he is manually implementing them
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: