Workers Auto Approve
SourceCred Gitcoin Integration (Milestone 1)
# SourceCred Gitcoin Integration Milestone 1
* Implement a plugin within the main SourceCred repository that will build a graph from the Gitcoin community allowing us to gage the relative value of community member contributions
* Implement a management command which can be run from the Gitcoin repository (manually & through Docker) which yields Cred scores generated from the Gitcoin database
SourceCred is an open-source project which applies a modified version of PageRank onto a community contribution graph. Nodes in the graph are meant to be contributors as well as contributions which add value to the relevant community. These nodes are linked together via bi-directional edges which allow for the flow of "Cred" (generated by nodes).
We plan to integrate a subset of the Gitcoin data model as a proof of concept graph in order to get a better understanding of how the two systems will interact with each other. This initial integration will allow us to catch any unforeseen oversights and allow us to have a better sense of a more complete integration down the road.
The Gitcoin townsquare will be used as our inital subset of data with nodes being Users, Posts and Comments with edges being CREATES_POST, CREATES_COMMENT, LIKES_POST, LIKES_COMMENT, TIPS_POST, and HAS_REPLY
[A more complete architecture specification can be found here.](https://gist.github.com/psudoanon/3847235ad13835145f14d76c76b47d6f)
Milestone 1 will be divided into three components:
1) Building a new plugin within the SourceCred codebase (`src/plugins/gitcoin`) which will handle parsing Gitcoin data into the graph structure described above
2) Integrating the plugin to be loaded into SourceCred using the existing plugin loading system and exposing a new `sourcecred gitcoin` command via `src/cli/gitcoin.js` which will generate the expected JSON and make it viewable from the SourceCred Web GUI
3) Integrating the updated SourceCred codebase with the Gitcoin web application repository allowing for SourceCred to communicate with the Gitcoin Postgres database
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: